harry kane thinks england can win 2018 world cup

liampie

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44208841

"I believe we can win it - anyone can. I cannot sit here and say we are not going to win it because we could do.

It is my mindset and I want to win at everything I do. The players in the team want to as well. It is worth fighting for. I am sure we have all had dreams of lifting it and it is an opportunity for us."

why has southgate made him the captain too? i hope his words match the effort on the pitch.

:lol::lol::lol:

You can't rule it out, yet it seems very unlikely. As the captain you have to be positive and, Harry Kane has that winning mentality.

I don't think the squad is as bad as people think.

Yet winning the World Cup will take something special and I'm not sure we have the depth in quality but I think we'll do well.

We are nowhere near the likes of France, Spain, Brazil, Germany etc. We have been placed in a cooling off period after two disastrous tournaments. Spain are having the same but they're straight back into fighting for the trophies because they went from winning both the Euros (twice) and the World Cup to losing both. We are coming off not winning anything and failing to go further than we should to getting embarrassed on the World and then European stage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Underdogs can do well, so maybe the pressure will be off England for once? I hope Southgate continues to allow The Three Lions to be creative, yet disciplined. My biggest worry was goals, I couldn't see who would get them but we do have talent in the squad that can win any game. Getting out of the group stage shouldn't be that hard, on paper it's pretty easy.

I don't expect Belgium to do much, why anyone would back them to win it seems more deluded than us.

I just hope England play with confidence and fight, performance will most likely vary but this will do it for me.

Friendlies England usually do the business, they fail in the tournament stage usually. The golden generation should have at least gotten the final, and Southgates squad is nowhere that talented. I can't see us getting to the semis at all.

19 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

I don't think we will get that close enough to win the World Cup, we just don't have the luck or quality within the squad. I would settle for the knockout stages and hope we can re build from there.

i think we have more quality than people give the squad credit for, my issue is the inexperience with major competitions but i think we will be fine. 

If Harry Kane went to Russia thinking he was going to return to England having not done well or even gone close to winning the World Cup we would all be questioning his passion. I think it's only right that he would, he's a striker and will want to do well.

I just don't think England are creative enough as a team to win the competition at least not in my lifetime.

Archived