Au revoir mes amies

Supporter+

Goodbye my friends (for linguistically challenged readers). Tomorrow I am off to La Belle France for two weeks. We catch the overnight ferry from Portsmouth to St. Malo in Brittany and the drive 3-4 hours to Southern Brittany where we are hiring a mobile home, within walking distance of a lovely sandy beach. I will be drinking wine, eating cheese, swimming, snorkelling, bike riding, walking, sight seeing and generally enjoying myself, I love France (I hate Brexit).

I hope by the time I get back we have some stellar signings in the bag, I will try to get on the forum if I can get a signal.

à bientôt  :waving:

Looking forward to a full report of your adventure @Fan of Big ToneHope you and the missus have a lovely time.

Supporter+

Thanks everyone, we’ve arrived safe and sound after a calm overnight crossing, weather is overcast but pleasantly warm.

Supporter+

I remember going abroad and my son sent me a text saying Notts had been taken over by multi millionaire Arabs (Munto) I thought he was winding me up until I saw a British newspaper, I couldn’t believe I was away at such a momentous time for Notts. We know now of course that things didn’t go as well as we anticipated, let’s hope these signings work out better.

Beautiful weather here now spent the day lazing around the pool yesterday, today we’re heading for the beach.

Supporter+

Auditioning for the next Dr Who episode, “Cybermen invade French beach”

C6FF35E0-7D50-458D-9DBC-1E6F4126EF37.jpeg

Supporter+

Well that’ll teach me to put pictures of myself basking in sunshine on the beach, yesterday the weather broke with thunderstorms and heavy rain, it’s the same this morning and looks like continuing for the rest of the week and to make matters worse I hear that Nottingham was lovely yesterday.

Oh well, it won’t be raining in the bar. :joker:

Supporter+
3 minutes ago, Chris said:

@Fan of Big Tone would you be against us sharing the image of you on the beach with a link to this discussion? I love the picture, it reminds me of when we blurred your face out and masked your voice for 'Meet the Fans'.

No worries if your not for this idea, I would understand.

Keep sharing and enjoy your break! :)

Yes I don’t mind @Chris it preserves my status as international man of mystery. :joker:

Supporter+
4 minutes ago, liampie said:

i noticed the picture got posted yesterday but i did not have time to reply, it looks nice on the beach @Fan of Big Tone 

did you go scuba diving or something?

No snorkelling, the face mask is a new kind of snorkel rather than have a mouthpiece, a tube and goggles you just wear the face mask and breath normally, it’s very good.

Archived