George Will Be A Fully Fledged 'pie Soon

Supporter+

Our Grandson George is coming up to five in September so I have bought him a Notts home kit, not a bad price at £30 for the whole kit, so well done on that one Notts.

I can't wait to see him in it and take him to his first match, he loves wearing his England kit so I know he will like it. I'll post a picture when he first wears it.

Exactly, you have to be the first to get them.

A shirt can mean a lot, I can still remember when my Grandfather got me my first shirt. I didn't take it off for awhile, me and my brother would also be wearing it and I was very sad when I had grown out of it. It's still at my parents somewhere, that's if @super_ram hasn't thrown it away. If he has done, @GrannyPie will need to break us up. LOL

Well Done Tony!

Looking forward to the photos,Tony. :thumbsup:

Mind you, my first shirt will make you sick. It was actually, a.. well... there's no other way of putting this.... It was a shirt from that lot. I'm still ashamed of it! :P

Apparently it was brought for me at a time when I had absolutely no interest in football and my Mum just assumed I'd grow up to be a Forest fan as my Dad was. But ofcourse I got FREE tickets to Notts from school and ended up a Pie. I was lucky, others werent lucky enough to be rescued like that...

Mind you, my first shirt will make you sick. It was actually, a.. well... there's no other way of putting this.... It was a shirt from that lot. I'm still ashamed of it! :P

Apparently it was brought for me at a time when I had absolutely no interest in football and my Mum just assumed I'd grow up to be a Forest fan as my Dad was. But ofcourse I got FREE tickets to Notts from school and ended up a Pie. I was lucky, others werent lucky enough to be rescued like that...

Perfect example of the free tickets working! I've heard families in the family stand brag about going to this game or that but last season we was sat near some Asian kids and it was nice watching them enjoy the game/play around.

I hope to see young George in his kit (I'll keep my eye out)..

Also one day, proudly feature him as a junior magpie.

Supporter+

I hope the shirt was ceremoniously burned on a bonfire along with any other paraphenalia from the "other side".

You have done well to confess your sins my son, go now and spread the gospel of the 'pies amongst your brethren and be at peace with yourself. :goodjob:

I hope the shirt was ceremoniously burned on a bonfire along with any other paraphenalia from the "other side".

You have done well to confess your sins my son, go now and spread the gospel of the 'pies amongst your brethren and be at peace with yourself. :goodjob:

Dont worry Tony, I believe this ghastly thing was chucked away not long after my first game when it became clear I bled black and white :angel:

A few of my mates down here look out for our results now. One of them who's a big Weymouth fan has even said he'd come to a game one day. Easy to convert them :thumbsup:

A few years ago, one of my colleagues at work,who is like myself a Rams fan,promised to wear an unmentionable shirt as part our company's  Comic Relief fund raising day.

I was horrified and told him I could never bring myself to wear one of THEM shirts but he just said-'I'm doing it for charity'

At the end of our shift he went into our canteen and in front of the assembled workforce,lifted his company sweatshirt(we had to wear special clothing) and proved that he was indeed wearing the offensive shirt

.A roar went up from the crowd of ,mostly, you know who fans.There was a lot of heckling and smug comments.

My mate then pulled his company sweatshirt back down again before lifting it back up again to reveal that he was wearing a DERBY COUNTY shirt over the inferior shirt and saying 'We'll always be over you lot'

This brought an even louder roar from the Notts fans and myself and a few others too.

So if you happen to stumble across this site and read this post -take a bow, Derby Dan(that's how he was known)

I quickly forgave your indiscretion,you raised a few bob and put a lot of Florist fans noses out of joint at the same time. :thumbsup:

Archived