Germany vs Mexico

ARLukomski

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Thought Mexico were brilliant. Had a game plan. Drew Germany in and hit them on the counter. Defended resolutely as well.

Lozano is amazing. His pace and trickery are something else. He won’t be at PSV much longer.

Germany were very slow on the ball and made the wrong decisions in the final third. Committed too many players forward first half as well, which lead to them conceding. Mexico could have had more if their final ball was better second half. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I didn't see this game either sadly, I think I might have been out having a walk at the time. Yet I am not surprised to learn about Mexico, they have some good talented players and more younger ones coming through the ranks.

Honestly, I think Germany are a good team but very overrated.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,811
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Mexico's defensive organisation so impressive, they did limit Germany's chance creation. Leroy Sane, who was missing from the German WC squad. so they really missed his pace as an attacking option

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

i thought germany looked like a squad that struggled to create anything half decent, almost like they had ran out of ideas. they did have chances but as @Piethagoram said mexico defensively was difficult to get past.

on the ball mexico looked frightening at times. they played well as a team, pleased they won.

hope germany crash out.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

Superb defending by Mexico, they reminded me of how Germany handled teams previously.

The Germans lacked pace and anyone who could directly attack, they just tried to pass their way through and it never caused Mexico much hassle. Brilliant goal to win the game.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

It's about time the German's got shown up for being frauds.

They're nowhere near as good as they was 4-6 years ago, and I find them very boring to watch. The German league is over hyped too, so no wonder they struggle with injecting pace when they still pick players based on reputation and name.

• Content Count:  1,904
  • Days Won:  17

I watched bit of it, was round the garden planting some new plants i bought yesterday. 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I was watching it and then my mum turned the channel over! :lol:

• Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Mexico was amazing they deserved to win the passion the emotions was clear to see ..! They deserved it the way they played chased everything and played as a team

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  235
  • Days Won:  0

It was a good contest between the two sides and Germany never seemed to have their own way, it was a lovely counter attack that got Mexico the winning goal but both teams seemed a little off with their finishing.

England game tonight should be better.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

I am in Mexico as I type, just past midnight here.  I watched the game in the hotel bar and it was a great atmosphere as most neutrals supported the Mexicans as they are such good hosts.  Big trays of tequila shots were handed round after the final whistle!

Archived