Roald Dahl

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,952
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I am thinking our Grandson George is too young to have Roald Dahl books read to him. I read him some of "The Twits" which is about a particularly obnoxious couple. The husband calls his wife "you old hag", George decided it was a good idea to call his Granny the same, she wasn't amused. :doh::unsure:

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I were 5 when they read this book to me at school, my teacher would do different voices and it was very funny. The majority of books was read before i were 7 too, as @GrannyPie and @super_ram will no doubt say I was addicted to them. :)

Never really enjoyed Charlie and the Chocolate factory tho, I think this is due to the movie being in my mind.

James & the Giant Peach is awesome!

In a few years you should read him the amazing stories of Narnia.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

tonyhateleyGeorge decided it was a good idea to call his Granny the same, she wasn't amused. :doh::unsure:
I bet you had to keep a straight face.Kids don't understand do they.Our Harry called Super_ram a buddy noosence this morning when he couldn't get his own way.

notts-joeI were 5 when they read this book to me at school, my teacher would do different voices and it was very funny. The majority of books was read before i were 7 too, as @GrannyPie and @super_ram will no doubt say I was addicted to them. :)

Yes you drove us mad with certain books and there was Dr Zeus too :rolleyes:

• Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

I know i used to like having "The tiger who came to tea" read to me, along with others but i can't remember repeating any of it.

I know Jake has repeated things from Horrid Henry books and the film occasionally.

It is quite funny when they do silly but slightly naughty things and its hard not to laugh too.

I think one of the worst things to do is say you don't like watching, listening or playing something... because kids just do it all the more to annoy you and find it very funny.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,952
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

You are so right as soon as George knew it was a bit naughty he was doing it even more.

His mum told us he started saying the same thing to her and she got really cross with him so the book has been put away until he can learn that it's part of a story and not something to go round saying to people. Oh dear.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

It's very difficult not to laugh at the kids when they say or do something they shouldn't  sometimes.They usually have a comical expression on their face when they do too and if we can't hide our amusement they start 'playing to the gallery'..We can't stay annoyed with them for long though,can we?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Haha class, I would have done well to keep a straight face if I were in your shoes!

I never read any of the books mentioned above but I seem to recall having James And The Giant Peach, George's Marvellous Medicine  and Fantastic Mr Fox read to his years ago when I was in infant school.

I dont think I ever repeated anything from any books when I was young but I can recall quite liking those books.

Strangly, I came across some Car Wars videos on YouTube the other week that took me right back to my childhood. My Dad had hundreds of old motor racing videos and I always liked watching the Car Wars videos. They were literally video tapes of about an hour of the best motor racing crashes of the year but they kept me entertained. I watched them that many times I wore out the VHS tapes and I could literally re-site every word that the commentator said during the feature. Even the adverts beforehand :angel:  :rolleyes:

Think I've still got the videos somewhere, might try and transfer them onto DVDs sometime

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Poor George, though he will learn.

Just one of those phases really but he will quickly stop doing it, as it sounds like he loves his stories.

• Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

I have always liked Matilda and James and the giant peach, but i prefer the films over the books.

Archived