Good Morning Everyone - Tony's Ramblings

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,952
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Hello, this is Tony's early morning post.

I don't expect any of you will read this until well after mid day, you will either be recovering from excesses last night or getting ready for work or college etc.,

It looks like it's going to be a nice day again we have been really lucky this year with the weather, we are hoping it lasts a little longer as we have a few more camping trips to get in with our van. This Bank Holiday weekend we are off with the family to Norfolk and then early September we are off somewhere down south for two weeks (not sure where yet, possibly Isle of Wight). We were going to go to France but decided to stay is this country this time.

Sadly I will miss the Stevenage match, this does happen occasionally especially during the summer month when I am camping but it can't be helped so I hope you give them a good cheer for me.

What is everyone else up to? Off anywhere nice this bank holiday or just chillaxing at home?

It's going to be a busy afternoon for us as we have all four grandchildren, it is our grandaughters birthday soon so we are giving her a bit of a party, we are going for a summer fair theme and are setting up things in the garden for them to have a go at. Hook a duck, tin can alley, bran tub, ted bola (a variation of tombola but with Teddy's) and a "Grandad-a-grab" this will be a game where I hold my arm out with my hand as a claw and the kids have to direct me whilst I am blindfolded to grab a teddy, similar to the fairground grabber games. Granny has made a birthday cake in the shape of a rabbit and there will be the usual goodies to eat and games to play, It should be good fun but we will be exhausted come tonight.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Morning Tony. Sounds like you've got your hands full! I've just had a weekend on the south coast and went over to the Isle of Wight for the day on the hovercraft. Had lovely weather down there and non of this humidity we get in Nottingham. Before that we took the caravan to Cornwall for a couple of weeks. Hope you have a great time in Norfolk and wherever else you choose to go.

Supporter+

We like IOW, we went last September and it was lovely so we may well end up there again. Lovely beaches, pubs, lots of walks etc.

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

We like IOW, we went last September and it was lovely so we may well end up there again. Lovely beaches, pubs, lots of walks etc.

Can't beat it. Great place to visit and always plenty to do there. I have friends there so I always have an excuse to go down for a visit.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I hope you had a great time with grandkids,and you're both not too tired. tonyhateley----Have a good break in Norfolk and wherever else you decide to go.We are all off to the near east(Skeg-Ingoldmells) at the end of next week so are hoping the weather holds out.

Nice to read that you've had a nice holiday ,MuddyPatchPie We had a few really nice holidays in Cornwall,years ago.

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

hes a camping fan!!!

what happened to being mr notts county tony, are you a secret millionaire? your always travelling or missing out on games, this is quite concerning. joe do something about this awol player.

hes starting to let the team down. :)

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Liam,Tony needs nursing through the season.Too much exertion and he wont be available at all.So to make sure he 's OK for the freezing cold  winter matches he's topping up his suntan and building up his strength.

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Evening Tony (as it is now), sounds like you've got a great weekend and remaining summer line up. My Grandparents went for a day trip to the IOW for their wedding anniversary last year, they had a brilliant day. Funnily enough Weymouth could end up playing Newport IOW in the FA Cup 1st qualifying round next month if Newport IOW get past Fairham Town in the preliminary round. That'd be a decent away trip!

I'll be off to Poole this bank holiday monday for 'El Jurasicoast" between Poole Town and Weymouth. Summer bank holiday Monday is traditionally a "derby day" in the non-league world, so everyone usually plays the side closest to them. Poole Town isn't a rivalry as such to us but its our closest away trip of the season and we're all really looking forward to it. Hopefully you havent cursed the weather though and it stays dry, there's no cover at their ground!

Hope you had a nice afternoon with your grandkids and they didn't completely knacker you out lol, how old are they now?

Fingers crossed we'll go and win as you wont be there this Saturday, no offence ;) Just generally happens I find lol. Whenever I miss a Weymouth game I tend to miss one full of goals!

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

Liam,Tony needs nursing through the season.Too much exertion and he wont be available at all.So to make sure he 's OK for the freezing cold  winter matches he's topping up his suntan and building up his strength.

its odd super, he makes winter games and i fear for his back!

why miss this lovely weather but i do hope he has fun, he likes his camping and out door adventures.

Supporter+

Well we managed to survive the day, it was great fun actually and the kids loved it. You don't have to spend a fortune on a kids party, hire a hall, bouncy castle, children's entertainer etc., our grandchildren had a great time and it only cost us a few quid.

Highlight of the day was Grandad Grabber which consisted of me sticking my arm out and being guided by the kids to drop on a prize, grab it and successfully get it back to drop it into the prize box, of course I had to be realistic and grab some of them only to let them go when just as they were about to win the prize. :devil:

@liampie said:

what happened to being mr notts county tony, are you a secret millionaire?

I wish I was Liam, I would buy Notts County and you lot on here would get free season tickets for life in the posh seats. :thumbsup:

@super_ram said:

Being Joe's star striker he has to look after me and pamper me as you do superstars, so he let's me go away now and again for fear of me slapping in a transfer request. :rolleyes:

@weymouthPIE said:

Hope you had a nice afternoon with your grandkids and they didn't completely knacker you out lol, how old are they now?

They are 10, 9, nearly 5 and 2, the youngest are the hardest work but we love em to bits.

Supporter+

Hmm, not very good at this multi-quoting, I hope you get the jist of what I am trying to say, very tired going to bed now.

• Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Glad you all had a good time.I forgot to wish your grandaughter a happy birthday.Hope George was back onside with his granma.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Sounds like you all had a great time,Tony.I can imagine the kids getting very excited,especially when you dropped the prizes :thumbsup:

Supporter+

Glad you all had a good time.I forgot to wish your grandaughter a happy birthday.Hope George was back onside with his granma.

Thanks GrannyPie, yes he's back onside, you can't stay mad at him for long.

Supporter+

Sounds like you all had a great time,Tony.I can imagine the kids getting very excited,especially when you dropped the prizes :thumbsup:

Yeah we had a brilliant time thanks, the kids loved it.

• Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

Glad you had a great time and the kids had a wonderful time too.

I have always preferred to have parties at home instead out at expensive function rooms or halls. Its probabably not so easy with kids born in the freezing winter months but theres always something to keep them entertained on a budget. We are lucky to have children born in the warmer months.... well supposed to be warmer months, as it snowed after Ellie's birthday in march this year.

I hope your granddaughter enjoyed her party along with everyone else.

Archived