England v Colombia

10 minutes ago, Countyman said:

I will be watching the game in my conservatory, but this time round I will be having some John Smith's and I hope Gareth Southgate goes for it from the off. I feel Colombia are there for the taking. 

Most Definitely anything other than a fast start we will be in trouble John smiths and football great combo enjoy

• Chris changed the title to England v Colombia

Before the World Cup started I mentioned on Twitter that I felt Colombia had a good squad, I had a couple of tweets from random people telling me I didn't know what I was taking about and yet here we are.

Now it seems like people almost overrate them in a way.

If allowed to play and, use the ball they do very well. They're a capable team but they can also be very inconsistent. I don't think the England camp should worry, yet I am not sure three CB's at the back would work to our advantage either as it would enable them to have areas where by pockets of space can be exploited and with their pace its a risk when your wing backs aren't actually lightening fast.

I do feel England will be fine, create chances and push them into their own half. Distribute the ball carefully and it will happen, I just don't want to see us forcing the ball forward. It's okay to pass back to draw space but you have to then move it forward.

Supporter+

I’ll be watching the game in my favourite chair with Mrs Big Tone, she enjoys football unlike a lot of women.

I may allow myself the treat of a bottle of real ale as well. I hope it’s a good game and England play well.

7 minutes ago, TheSkipper said:

I will be watching the game at home.

If England don't do well the moaners on social media will have a field day. :( 

If England go on to win the world cup we'll still have some people moaning.:rolleyes:

I'm going out also but the location is not set in stone yet.

England should be fine if they play like they did against Panama and Tunisia. The squad chosen by Gareth is strong enough, just need to be more robust at the back.

im watching the game at home, as i said on another thread i might even get a takeaway in.

i dont think england should be nervous, they just have to focus and defend well. chances will come for them but they just need to stop colombia from playing. im not nervous about the game, i think a lot of things are going in favour of england.

I'll be watching it at home with the dogs as the wife hates football! Play with a high tempo throughout the game and we will win comfortably in my opinion. The problem will come if we invite them onto us as we do have a bit of a habit of panicking at the back.

The big games approaching, does anyone have any predictions for how the final score may turn out?

England should have enough quality to dig deep and play well, I can see a 2-0 win for the Three Lions. I think its important Pickford keeps a clean sheet and the players enjoy themselves.

It feels like a friendly, it looks like England are treating it as one at the moment. It’s very poor so far, 30 minutes in and we have not tested their awful keeper.

Its good that we are keeping shape because they look scary on the break.

My thoughts summed up here with the first half.

The officials are poor for how much they're missing, but this squad shouldn't need to rely on the correct decisions to be given. England should be good enough to score without them but so far they have been better defensively.

Our attacking play has been woeful.

Sterling isn't a striker, so get him off or into position and get two proper strikers playing together.

That was an awkward encounter for England. Columbia cheated all through the game, so many incidents that the officials should have clamped down on. Their reaction a clear penalty against Kane was ridiculous. How, or why the Ref did not book half of them I do not understand.

And yet he seemed quick to book was it Lingard?

Shameful behaviour by the Colombian players and manager, did anyone see the shoulder barge by their manager as Sterling went off at half time? The 4th official saw it, so why was he not sent to the sends?? Their constant protesting and time wasting is what cost them but England should have dealt with it sooner.

Pickford did very well with the penalties, he saved England literally.

Supporter+

Great result, it’s about time we won a World Cup game on penalties. The Columbians were a typical South American team using every trick in the book to win by fair or foul means, they deserved to lose, for once the good guys came out on top.

Supporter+
2 hours ago, Chris said:

My thoughts summed up here with the first half.

The officials are poor for how much they're missing, but this squad shouldn't need to rely on the correct decisions to be given. England should be good enough to score without them but so far they have been better defensively.

Our attacking play has been woeful.

Sterling isn't a striker, so get him off or into position and get two proper strikers playing together.

Nice fish tank @Chris is it yours? I’ll have to have a conversation about tropical fish with you we’ve got one too.

Archived