Notts v Basford updated

Magic magpie

16 hours ago, liampie said:

i will be there, a lad i know from fb is going and hes also from clifton. the tram stop is literally a short walk from the stop, so its very easy to travel.

You will enjoy it mate, away games are fun and friendlies tend to be pretty laid back.

Only about 3 miles from me so I'll probably get the old cycle out so I can enjoy a beer or two.  It's a good set up they have there, it's an artificial pitch with a bounce that takes some getting used to but it should be a much sterner test than we faced yesterday.  It's worth watching from near the dugouts just to get an idea of Kevin Nolan's approach to games like these, although if you're taking kids his language can get a bit 'industrial'!

53 minutes ago, Chris said:

@Elite_pie It's down the road from me also.

If you see me it would be nice to say hello, I'm trying to coax @super_pie into coming (as he now says he's not bothered). The Basford pitch looks amazing, they've done a great job with the playing service.

Be nice to get full house cause the guys at Basford have worked hard to get things looking great 

10 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

Any chance of doing the player ratings @Elite_pie?

Afraid not, with 22 players involved I spent most of the game trying to work out who was who!  The first half team was more impressive than the second, where a Chinese lad by the name of Dongda He caught the eye.  Apparently he's from the youth set up, but he seemed comfortable on the ball, always looked to be involved, and has a decent shot in him.  I'm looking forward to the more serious pre-season stuff starting on Saturday

@AmericanPie

Jon Stead looked sharp, very useful but needs to run where the ball goes (rather than moaning it wasn't to him)
David Vaughan looked real class, very useful on the ball and picked up the play nicely
Richard Duffy seemed at home in defence (but I could say he would again most non league teams ;))
Dongda He very promising but needs to work on his shouting, his pace, movement and distribution nothing short of excellent.

These are the standouts for me.

Archived