Match Discussion Notts v Derby [Saturday 14th]

KingMaynard

What does PON members think about the upcoming Derby friendly? Who should play? Do you think Kevin Nolan should stick to playing those who have performed well in the two friendlies and make changes as what is needed during the game?

I'm looking forward to it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hope we use the game to form the squad for the opening game, maybe throw in a few players that the club wants to see how they do but start a strong squad. i think derby will be relaxed with how they see the game.

it should be a good friendly.

5 hours ago, upthepies said:

It should be a good run out for both teams.

Have Derby signed anyone yet @super_ram? It might be a friendly but for Notts it will see what character and quality this squad has about itself. I hope for an entertaining game.

Unless somethings happened that I'm not aware of, @upthepies ,Rams haven't signed a single player  but Andreas Weimann has gone to Bristol City.I'm not very confident for the new season though I am glad Gary  Rowett has gone .Since Frank Lampard was presented to the press as our new manager  things  have been very quiet at Pride park though according to the useless Derby Telegraph we are chasing dozens of players.Its been a bit different with  AH .It seems that hardly a day goes by without a new(and exciting) player arriving at Meadow Lane.I'm looking forward to seeing the new Notts players and hoping FL can get more from our players than borig GR did

Derby will make signings, no doubt Lampard will be exploring his options and using his contacts in the game to bring in players.

The Notts game will show him where he needs to improve and what quality is there already.

I believe this will be is first game? The signings will come after I would expect. A good run for both clubs, I am certain both County's will do well this upcoming season.

10 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

Derby will make signings, no doubt Lampard will be exploring his options and using his contacts in the game to bring in players.

The Notts game will show him where he needs to improve and what quality is there already.

I believe this will be is first game? The signings will come after I would expect. A good run for both clubs, I am certain both County's will do well this upcoming season.

Yes,it is FL and Rams first game.

Matej Vydra,Chris Martin and Ikechi Anya will not feature 'due to injury or health issues' or looking at it cynically they are being lined up for transfer.

I just want to see us do well against them, it's important to see creativity and strong defending.

Performance wise it can be difficult, especially since the class of the friendly is two leagues above us but I read nothing into the actual result. Even if Notts convincingly win I wouldn't react any different. I'm keen to see Lampard in charge and the Notts squad doing well.

It's going to be a good day with @super_ram, @Magic magpie and @super_pie.

I suspect most of the squad will get some time on the pitch, although the starting XI ought to give us some idea of what Nolan thinks is our strongest team.  Maybe they will play an hour rather than the complete change at half time we've seen so far.  I'm looking forward to the game even though it's only a friendly, and it will be nice to host the top two teams in the East Midlands rather than the third rate bunch we usually play!

Supporter+

It’ll be an interesting game I expect there will be lots of substitutions and we probably won’t be able to glean much from the game but it’ll be good to be down the lane again.

Well, even when you take the standard of the opposition into account, that first half was absolutely awful. Defence all over the place, a midfield with no bite or creativity, and not a single attempt on goal. Derby would have had as much of a workout playing against traffic cones.  Second half much more encouraging, the youngsters actually gave it a go and caused them a few problems.

the first half team was a shambles, they look like they never played together and the amount of negative comments i have heard is underwhelming. i know you cant take much from these friendlies but it was disappointing.

second half the players deserve credit but it was a pointless friendly.

On 13/07/2018 at 14:38, Chris said:

I just want to see us do well against them, it's important to see creativity and strong defending.

Performance wise it can be difficult, especially since the class of the friendly is two leagues above us but I read nothing into the actual result. Even if Notts convincingly win I wouldn't react any different. I'm keen to see Lampard in charge and the Notts squad doing well.

It's going to be a good day with @super_ram, @Magic magpie and @super_pie.

Even though we lost still had a great day 

I know it's a friendly, yet having spoken to so many fans today - I'm disappointed that the Notts players just didn't try to do well.

From the off, Notts looked like they wanted to be on holiday and I found that disappointing. I wasn't convinced with Ross Fitzsimons in goal and the only defender I feel I can praise is Dan Jones. People questioned this when I said it, even going as far as asking what game I had been watching but he saved Notts numerous times when Derby could have gone further into the lead.

Shaun Brisley had his worst performance in a Notts shirt, he couldn't handle anyone.

Ben Hall did okay, Matt Tootle tried but he couldn't handle the pace of the Derby players and often got caught out of position.

Midfield was useless and this effected Jon Stead. David Vaughan did well, a little slow at first but he got into his stride. Look, I know it's a friendly but we need to focus on the woeful performance and be honest about it. This way we can try to improve for the season, I want to see effort in the Leicester game. I felt let down by what looked like a strong first team on paper.

The lads in the second, especially the youth and Alex Howes made me feel proud but they couldn't do much due to how pathetic the first half time played. I feel we played right in the second half, we had more energy and the effort had increased by far. Enzio Boldewijn, wow - he was chasing shadows and looked very casual. He didn't do anything constructive and if I was Kevin Nolan I would have had strong words after.

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

I know it's a friendly, yet having spoken to so many fans today - I'm disappointed that the Notts players just didn't try to do well.

From the off, Notts looked like they wanted to be on holiday and I found that disappointing. I wasn't convinced with Ross Fitzsimons in goal and the only defender I feel I can praise is Dan Jones. People questioned this when I said it, even going as far as asking what game I had been watching but he saved Notts rumours times when Derby could have gone further into the lead.

Shaun Brisley had his worst performance in a Notts shirt, he couldn't handle anyone.

Ben Hall did okay, Matt Tootle tried but he couldn't handle the pace of the Derby players and often got caught out of position.

Midfield was useless and this effected Jon Stead. David Vaughan did well, a little slow at first but he got into his stride. Look, I know it's a friendly but we need to focus on the woeful performance and be honest about it. This way we can try to improve for the season, I want to see effort in the Leicester game. I felt let down by what looked like a strong first team on paper.

The lads in the second, especially the youth and Alex Howes made me feel proud but they couldn't do much due to how pathetic the first half time played. I feel we played right in the second half, we had more energy and the effort had increased by far. Enzio Boldewijn, wow - he was chasing shadows and looked very casual. He didn't do anything constructive and if I was Kevin Nolan I would have had strong words after.

Every fan has there opinions bud .. but I think that mate you summed it up well

Good workout for the lads today. I attending the game and was impressed with certain little things. Such as two defenders offering a short pass from the goal kick, David Vaughn coming short to receive the ball from Fitz's hands from a goal kick. A lot more floor passing involved which is good. A lot of players looked sharp and others switched off. Boldewjin looked sharp and pacey, Hemmings and Campbell both look on the money. Not really seen much from Nathan Thomas as of yet but when the youngsters came on it changed the dynamic of the game. Impressed would be my overall opinion. 

Supporter+

To be honest it was men against boys in the first half and guess which we were. The second half was very different I thought we played well and gave them more of a game, I struggled to identify some of the new players because they didn’t have their names on the back and the programme didn’t put the squad numbers of the players.

However from the players I did recognise I was impressed with Hemings who looked big and strong for a forward, Vaughan looked class and sprayed some good passes around.

Best of all it was good to sit with @Chris @Magic magpie @super_pie and of course my old sparring partner @super_ram thanks for your company guys.

1 minute ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

To be honest it was men against boys in the first half and guess which we were. The second half was very different I thought we played well and gave them more of a game, I struggled to identify some of the new players because they didn’t have their names on the back and the programme didn’t put the squad numbers of the players.

However from the players I did recognise I was impressed with Hemings who looked big and strong for a forward, Vaughan looked class and sprayed some good passes around.

Best of all it was good to sit with @Chris @Magic magpie @super_pie and of course my old sparring partner @super_ram thanks for your company guys.

Was great to see you again after all this time it was great 

Archived