Parking on Saturday

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

Just a warning for those who park on the embankment, it’s the River Festival and the embankment is full of fairground rides and is shut from near the suspension bridge to Trent Bridge. 

Where do people park if not embankment (preferably for free as I’m a tight bugger).

Supporter+
12 minutes ago, samwatto2008 said:

Park at Forests ground as its either free or 3 pound. The one next to Meadow Lane is 6 I think but is a nightmare after the game.

I’m not giving that lot any money. 

Supporter+

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I’m actually thinking I might use my old codgers bus pass to get down there, I hardly ever use it and it will save the petrol, trouble is I have to catch two buses.

4 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I’m actually thinking I might use my old codgers bus pass to get down there, I hardly ever use it and it will save the petrol, trouble is I have to catch two buses.

i catch the bus from broadmarsh to the embankment stop, its easy enough. :) 

Blooming heck mate, is one bus not big enough for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is plenty of free street parking in the roads off Holme Street, which is by the Jet petrol station opposite SCS in Lady Bay retail park.  It's less than 10 minutes walk to the ground, although it does fill up so you would need to get there reasonably early.  It also has the advantage of a quick getaway which most of the paid car parks don't have.   I got lucky with parking, I know someone who works at SCS and he registered my number plate as a staff car, so I can park in the retail park there and the two hour limit doesn't apply to me.  It saves me around  £125 per season if I had to use the £5 car parks.

On 01/08/2018 at 14:37, Fan of Big Tone said:

This is would be easier than parking anywhere near the ground.

Supporter+

I went on the bus in the end and quite by chance met an old work colleague who was also going to the match so it was great to catch up.

Archived