County v Colchester....thoughts on the game

Magic magpie

It’s the opening day of the season to be fair most of them we normally loose but today we looked good and this is a team with 10/11 new players and a new number one as well they need to gel as one it’s not gunner be a overnight thing I still feel we will do well .... look at Man City last year they were awful at the start of the season but still won the league... it’s how you find your way in a season .... we need to be the 12th man because with the refs if anything is to go by the lads need our support .. we don’t need to sing or make a noise all the way through as the 12th man it’s up to us let the lads know we are behind them all the way .. praise when they are doing well  .. also they need to hear each other as well. Today was a fair result you learn more loosing or drawing than winning ... there are 45 games left ... and I’m not gunner be harsh on the lads .. this is leauge two not old Trafford at end of the day and even they struggle .. the one thing I’m learning is County fans are passionate they love this club but we all have our own way to show it .. but it’s only day one guys it’s a Marathon not a sprint .. 

i welcome everyones opinion guys so please if u have time reply this is my thoughts and would love to hear yours 

Really disappointing performance from Tootle. Really let the defence down today, caught out too many times letting Szmodics run free. He also failed to release Boldewjin a number of times and failed to utilise his strengths. Overall though I am happy with a point against Colchester as they will be pushing play offs this year. Think if Norris came on or started this would have been a different game. Stead put in a lot of effort which saw him get an applause when subbed but he was missing and just isn't going to find form this season I don't think. Thomas looked quick and sharp, Hemmings also. Not sure which CB I would drop at the moment though as Hall needs to be in. Heart says Duffy, Head says Brisely. Happy with areas of the game though and there is still lots to work on. 

it was okay for the first game but if kn wants fans to give their complete backing he needs to get them playing football. there was a lot of negativity flying around and i think the performance burst a few bubbles but its early.

The players didn't work very well together, nobody dug deep to create good chances and there was almost a panic feel to when we could have done something. It just seemed very disconnected.

Second half Notts had very good spells and should have scored twice but we lacked finishing.

By time Dennis came on, I felt the chances became very limited and the players seemed content to draw.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

The players didn't work very well together, nobody dug deep to create good chances and there was almost a panic feel to when we could have done something. It just seemed very disconnected.

Second half Notts had very good spells and should have scored twice but we lacked finishing.

By time Dennis came on, I felt the chances became very limited and the players seemed content to draw.

i agree by the time dennis came on all our best chances had most deco gone the match i didn't think was bad for when it was the opening day 

I think Colchester will be pushing for play-offs this season, so all in all not a terrible start to the season. The expectation was high, but as we've seen through pre-season no-one's really got going yet and the wayward passes coupled with some terrible first touches made it feel like just another pre-season game. Very hard to really gauge anything from the match, Cambridge away will be interesting though, both teams should be going for the win...

Five games it will take to establish form, ten will give an insight where Notts may finish. Mid-way will reveal much more but don't forget struggling teams can make a promotion push late on.

Three games in Notts might be playing exciting football.

Give it time.

Archived