Are Notts going up.

Magic magpie

The squad and Kevin Nolan need to take each game as they come.

There's always pressure playing football, you take the field wanting to win and if you end up on the other side of that - well the pressure grows and it becomes harder to react in a positive way. So, there is always mounting pressure of some form.

You just have to think about the main things and eventually the better sides will raise.

I'm confident Notts will be in for a shout of promotion, we have a good squad and they just need to settle/work harder.

It all depends on how stubborn Kevin Nolan is in my humble opinion.

If he insists that Notts have to hoof the ball, I think we might struggle because the players signed don't fit last years tactics which have become old and stale now. Even as far as saying it's predictable but I feel the quality is there for promotion.

Supporter+

Ask me again at Christmas or better still Easter.

7 minutes ago, upthepies said:

It all depends on how stubborn Kevin Nolan is in my humble opinion.

If he insists that Notts have to hoof the ball, I think we might struggle because the players signed don't fit last years tactics which have become old and stale now. Even as far as saying it's predictable but I feel the quality is there for promotion.

I can’t see how Nolan can possibly consider playing hoofball all the time now, assuming he wanted the players that have been signed it would be madness because looking at the squad now it screams football on the floor.

5 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I can’t see how Nolan can possibly consider playing hoofball all the time now, assuming he wanted the players that have been signed it would be madness because looking at the squad now it screams football on the floor.

At times yes, but I think it's more the squad panicking than instructions from Kevin Nolan.

I think Notts will get promotion this season.

1 hour ago, The Heff said:

I would like to think Notts will go up but I would hope to avoid the playoffs, its breaking when you fail and even if you get to Wembley it can be worse.

Tell me about it

11 minutes ago, TheSkipper said:

The defence needs to do their job and Fitzsimons needs to be more alert if Notts are going to gain promotion this season.

same issues at the back, notts needs to sort it. now pulling level would be the best outcome.

i cant see 2 more goals coming for notts.

58 minutes ago, TheSkipper said:

The defence needs to do their job and Fitzsimons needs to be more alert if Notts are going to gain promotion this season.

45 minutes ago, liampie said:

same issues at the back, notts needs to sort it. now pulling level would be the best outcome.

i cant see 2 more goals coming for notts.

I'm afraid I agree, poor goals to give a way.

I'm a bit concerned about the expectations this season. Mentally it's going to be a quite different season as really anything below seventh will be a major disappointment. If we'd finished eighth or ninth last season we could have at least pointed to the progress from the season before. This time it's different. If we're too far behind the play-offs come Christmas, there'll be talk of booting the manager.

A couple of other things bother me. Fitzsimons did well last season (up to his red card) but is he really ready to be number one? Let's hope his display against Cambridge was a one-off. We all know how a nervous keeper can unsettle the back four. And in Dennis we signed a 20-goal striker who then spent most of pre-season injured. I'm a bit worried that he'll be the latest in a long list of free-scoring strikers we've signed and never saw the best of.

But maybe I'm overthinking it. We've kept the spine of our team from last season and added real quality to it, so we should be a force to be reckoned with. I just hope we get off the mark before the atmosphere turns sour.

Great post @DangerousSausage

5 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

Mentally it's going to be a quite different season as really anything below seventh will be a major disappointment.

There's that feeling that the squad is above the quality of most in the league, missing out of the playoffs it would be a shame.

If we're too far behind the play-offs come Christmas, there'll be talk of booting the manager.

I can't see Alan Hardy sacking Kevin Nolan after the job he's done, fan might call for it but he is building. This is in process and you know what they say, Rome wasn't built in a day.

We all know how a nervous keeper can unsettle the back four. And in Dennis we signed a 20-goal striker who then spent most of pre-season injured. I'm a bit worried that he'll be the latest in a long list of free-scoring strikers we've signed and never saw the best of.

If the defence improves, perhaps so will Ross Fitzsimons?

Archived