Off on my holidays

Supporter+

Oy, @hissingdwarf there’s only one person on here who’s allowed to go on holiday. 😜

Have great time mate. 😎:sunshine:

I hope you all have a great time  @hissingdwarf.If you get chance please let us all know what you've been up to, otherwise update when you return.Oh and not too much Murphy's Mr Murphy:thumbsup:

Supporter+

I’ve often fancied taking the camper van to Ireland but the cost of the ferry is really expensive, it’s much cheaper to go to France and it’s drier and warmer. When we went to France in June there were a lot Irish people there so they obviously don’t like to have a holiday at home.

9 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I’ve often fancied taking the camper van to Ireland but the cost of the ferry is really expensive, it’s much cheaper to go to France and it’s drier and warmer. When we went to France in June there were a lot Irish people there so they obviously don’t like to have a holiday at home.

@Fan of Big Tonewere the recent floods in France anywhere near where you went earlier this year?

Supporter+
9 hours ago, super_ram said:

@Fan of Big Tonewere the recent floods in France anywhere near where you went earlier this year?

No @super_ram, the floods have been mainly to the south of France, we were in Southern Brittany which is on the west coast and more in the middle of France. I noticed there were lots of campers who had to be evacuated and some had lost everything it must have been terrifying for them.

Well the signal isn’t as bad as expected. It wanders in and out so I can occasionally get online. 

Ferry trip from Fishguard to Rosslare was fine, if not a little boring! 

Of course when we arrived it was raining. Don’t think I’ve ever been back to Ireland and on the day I arrive it’s not been raining! 

We have a lovely property near Ballyhealy near Kilmore Quay, about 20 mins from Wexford, on the southern coast hook. 

Weather now has improved and sun is shining!

Went to Wexford for the day and as usual, was amazed at the high cost of food for shopping for essentials. Thank god for Aldi! Tesco prices were seriously expensive compared to uk. 

Lovely walk along the Harbour and most of the shops open from 9-9 on a Sunday!

Today is chill out and enjoy the garden and then to the beach this afternoon which is walking distance just down the road from us.

One thing that always strikes me when I come over. The design of the houses are fantastic. Such lovely architecture, even when you look at modern estates built in the towns. Land is normally around four times as much size wise as it is in England so you get so much more room to play with!

948F14B5-2753-435C-B875-65429BA85338.jpeg

Supporter+

Fantastic place to stay it looks massive, how many of you are there? Pity about the cost of food though, hope you get some nice beach weather.

7 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Fantastic place to stay it looks massive, how many of you are there? Pity about the cost of food though, hope you get some nice beach weather.

It's a four bedroom @Fan of Big Tone  it they do like to spread the houses out. Loads of room for us to settle into for a few weeks.

Visit to the local beach today!

20180814_124135.jpg

20180814_143125.jpg

Supporter+
1 hour ago, hissingdwarf said:

It's a four bedroom @Fan of Big Tone  it they do like to spread the houses out. Loads of room for us to settle into for a few weeks.

Visit to the local beach today!

Great stuff, the beach looks lovely too, nice and handy, did you eventually let Ben out? It’s supposed to be the kids who bury their Dad. :wink:

Supporter+
42 minutes ago, upthepies said:

Right, I am off on holiday too. Not sure when I will be back either! @hissingdwarf do you have a spare room? 😁

Where are you off to @upthepies?

Archived