Good morning PoN - Thursday 16th August

Supporter+

Good morning all, I thought I would try this idea again, it’s one I’ve tried on here before with not much success. It might work better now we’ve got more people posting.  The idea is we have a daily thread and just put a few words about your daily lives, a bit like you might do on Facebook etc.

I had a good nights sleep no nightmares thankfully. 

Its raining here which I’m not too sad about because I’ve got computer work to do for my website, so I will be mostly on the computer pretty much all day.

Both me and Mrs. Big Tone are on a diet I was pleased I had lost another three quarters of a pound this morning when I stepped on the scales. Down to 11 stone 9 now, two years ago I was 13 stone 7.

Whats everyone else up to? How’s the weather where you are?

its cold and average looking here, not sunshine yet but i think it will start to warm up. i have no plans for today, just waiting to hear more news about work and trying to make the most of having a paid vacation from them. :) 

Supporter+

Another American word slipping in there @liampie, when did holidays become vacations? :joker:

Enjoy your time off work, being paid as well is a bonus.

Supporter+

I'm halfway through my computer work, hoping for a walk this afternoon with Mrs. Big Tone later if the weather clears up a bit.

Just got a new sim from Virgin, so that I can connect to the network upgrade or some other such nonsense, so I've got to sort that one out later too.

Supporter+
2 minutes ago, ARLukomski said:

I am now back in England. Flight was at 23:45 Cyprus time (21:45 England) and we got back around 2:20 ish England time. Fell asleep at like 5:30 in the morning. Just woken up a few minutes ago

I've never been to Cyprus, not sure if cruise ships dock there, welcome back @ARLukomski was it holiday or business?

Supporter+
14 minutes ago, ARLukomski said:

Holiday. 2 weeks

Marvellous but back to reality now though. 🙁

I hate coming back off holiday and having to carry on with the every day things in life but I suppose if we didn't do the everyday things we wouldn't appreciate the holiday so much.

It was quite chilly this morning when i went out, picked my eldest grand daughter up and we went for a mooch round Ilkeston, didn't buy much, sun's been out a bit this afternoon and looks quite promising at the moment, blue sky a bit of cloud. Just done prediction league and a bit of a look round on PON, looking forward to the game tomorrow. COYP!

Supporter+

Yes me too @magpiejue give me a wave i’ll be a couple of rows behind you.

5 hours ago, TheSkipper said:

No actual plans today.

I am hoping to find time to sit down and write a few things, the past couple of days I have the urge to have my say on a few things. If it warms up I may go on a bike ride to get out of the house for a bit.

Looking forward to seeing what you have to say. @TheSkipper.Hope you enjoyed your bike ride if you went for one.

Busy day here.

I had to go out and fetch general shopping + things for the children's new school year. Two shops later and 4 bus journeys later I feel extremely tired. I'm a bit disappointed to see the site struggling two consecutive days mind, I hope people are just busy.

Supporter+
3 hours ago, Chris said:

Busy day here.

I had to go out and fetch general shopping + things for the children's new school year. Two shops later and 4 bus journeys later I feel extremely tired. I'm a bit disappointed to see the site struggling two consecutive days mind, I hope people are just busy.

Yes it’s a shame we’re struggling after all the hard work that’s been put in recently, I’m sure things will pick up, it’s match day tomorrow, win or lose there’s bound to be a lot of reaction.

Archived