England V Moldova

weymouthPIE

Who's going to be watching tonights qualifier then? Pretty important game for England and realistically we should be winning this one fairly comfortably, but there are no certainties in football.

So frustrating the amount of players you see drop out through "injury" in the build up to Internationals. Sturridge is suddenly injured, despite being absolutely fine in every game so far and showing no signs of any injury. What on earth do they make them do in training in the build up to Internationals? :unsure:

I'll probably end up flicking between the England match and the game in Belfast between Northern Ireland and Portugal. Could see that being a really good game. Northern Ireland are at their most dangerous when they play teams they have no right to get anything against, as they proved against Russia.

Predictions for the England game?

I'll go 4-0 England :)

Supporter+

We are away in our camper van but I checked the little portable telly last night and we've got a great reception so I will be watching assuming its on terrestrial??

Mrs H is cooking a lovely curry as I write this and I am downing a few cans of Abbot Ale, the sun is shining and all is well with the world.

2-0 to England

Full Time: England 4-0 Moldova.

I don't like to blow my own trumpet but.. "That's why I'm top of the league, that's why I'm top of the league" ;)

By all accounts a comfortable, no thrills win for England that puts us top of the roup on GD after Montenegro and Poland drew 1-1. Meanwhile Ukraine stuffed San Marino 9-0!

Not a great night for the other home nations. Wales lost 2-1 in Macedonia, Scotland lost 2-0 at home to Belguim, Republic of Ireland lost 2-1 at home to Sweden, and Northern Ireland put up a brave fight but were beaten 4-2 by Portugal in Belfast.

Brilliant game that was. Portugal went 1-0 up, Northern Ireland equalised and just before half time Portugal had a man sent off. Within 5 minutes of the re-start Northern Ireland had gone 2-1 up and it really looked like being their night. But then Chris Brunt got sent off after a stupid, needless tackle and Portugal must have had about 80% possesion for the final half hour. Ronaldo equalised from a corner, and then put Portugal 3-2 up shortly after.

Then Kyle Lafferty got sent off and Ronaldo completed his hat-trick with a stunning free-kick.

3 red cards and 6 goals - great game to watch!

Supporter+

Yes a good game. Well done on your prediction @weymouthPIE pity it doesn't count in the league.

Archived