Ask a PON member a question game

AmericanPie

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I thought it would be a good idea to start a game whereby we asked members of PON a question.

If you are asked something, please do reply and pass the invisible microphone onto the next member that you wish to ask a question. I'll start with @menzinho.

Would you please tell me the decision behind your username on PON, why did you go for the former Brazilian international Menzinho?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

no idea if we should wait but i think those tagged can answer as they see things.

@samwatto2008 do you play football, if so what position do you play?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

2 minutes ago, liampie said:

@samwatto2008 do you play football, if so what position do you play?

I play 5/6 a-side every Wednesday now. I used to play 11-a-side up until about 17. I played RB/RW so more like a Terry Hawkridge lets say :) 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

19 minutes ago, samwatto2008 said:

@Magic magpie What job did you do before your new business venture and how is that coming along?

The business is coming along great dude not long now I hope and Iam chef mate 17 years and counting. What about yourself mate what job do you do.?

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

@hissingdwarf do you really hiss and are you actually a dwarf?

25 minutes ago, Magic magpie said:

The business is coming along great dude not long now I hope and Iam chef mate 17 years and counting. What about yourself mate what job do you do.?

Nice one! Chef in resteraunts or pubs and things like that? Might need you a some point, my Dad is struggling to cook the perfect fish :D I am a apprentice at Network Rail at the moment training to be a Signal Technician. Improving the railway infrastructure and replacing the old stuff with the new. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Piethagoram who is the greatest player you have seen wear a Notts shirt and which opposition player that you highly rated would you have liked to see sign for the club?

48 minutes ago, samwatto2008 said:

Nice one! Chef in resteraunts or pubs and things like that? Might need you a some point, my Dad is struggling to cook the perfect fish :D I am a apprentice at Network Rail at the moment training to be a Signal Technician. Improving the railway infrastructure and replacing the old stuff with the new. 

Erm chef anywhere where every where mate carvery pub and restaurant Italian everything. My cousin work for the rail way for a time he enjoyed it. What about yourself mate do you enjoy it. I imagine if it’s cold that can be a bit of sod. The perfect fish pop it in the oven between 10-15 minutes  

Just now, Magic magpie said:

Erm chef anywhere where every where mate carvery pub and restaurant Italian everything. My cousin work for the rail way for a time he enjoyed it. What about yourself mate do you enjoy it. I imagine if it’s cold that can be a bit of sod. The perfect fish pop it in the oven between 10-15 minutes  

Done bits outside towards the back end of Feb/ March but this winter coming will be my first big test. It has its ups and downs. You trade a harsh winter for a nice summer like this year. My office window changes everyday and while some are stuck inside I get to work outside in glorious sunshine. However the trade is when its cold, wet and horrible then it might not be so pleasant. But I love outdoors and I would never want to leave my job.

1 minute ago, samwatto2008 said:

Done bits outside towards the back end of Feb/ March but this winter coming will be my first big test. It has its ups and downs. You trade a harsh winter for a nice summer like this year. My office window changes everyday and while some are stuck inside I get to work outside in glorious sunshine. However the trade is when its cold, wet and horrible then it might not be so pleasant. But I love outdoors and I would never want to leave my job.

That’s a great start mate not wanting to leave your job ... I think the hard part is knowing it’s going to get cold when it’s been lovely these past months. It’s great you love the out doors mate all great signs you love your job and are good at it 

@Chris when did you first start running and building communities?

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

@Fan of Big Tone when did you first see Tony Hateley play and was it for Notts?

38 minutes ago, TheSkipper said:

@Chris when did you first start running and building communities?

I started building websites properly when I was 16-years-old out of HTML.

My first site involved art and writing, it was pretty popular until someone caused trouble and that scared people a way from the site. I have tried to revive it twice, however there wasn't much interest and with PON/FM doing well it just made sense to allow it drift back.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
48 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

@Fan of Big Tone when did you first see Tony Hateley play and was it for Notts?

I first saw Tony Hateley play for Notts as a young player along with Jeff Astle around 1960 I think, he later went on to play for Aston Villa, Chelsea and Liverpool amongst others and then was brought back by Jimmy Sirrel for another successful stint with the club and helped Notts win the championship and promotion from the old Division 4, now league 2.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,808
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

2 hours ago, Chris said:

@Piethagoram who is the greatest player you have seen wear a Notts shirt and which opposition player that you highly rated would you have liked to see sign for the club?

Tough questions

Will have to be Don Masson for Notts, Oliver Bierhoff (Ascoli) Gheorge Hagi (Brescia)

As regards EFL players before they were  famous.... Jason Koumas at Tranmere, Jermaine Defoe (on loan at Bournemouth)

In recent times, stand out players Ryan Woods, (Shrewsbury now at Brentford); Bradley Dack (Gillingham, now at Blackburn); Kemar Roofe (Oxford now at Leeds); Romaine Sawyers (Walsall, now at Brentford); Freddie Sears (Colchester...now Ipswich) and recent gems missed Omar Sowunmi (Yeovil); Harry Pell (Cheltenham, now Colchester)

But even Piethagoram misses some... never rated Rickie Lambert at Bristol Rovers (awkward rather than special)...

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

@macpie Who is your all time icon from the players to have represented Notts?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,065
  • Days Won:  54

16 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

Would you please tell me the decision behind your username on PON, why did you go for the former Brazilian international Menzinho?

I didn't know there was a Brazilian international named Menzinho! I used the name for a different reason so it's a complete coincidence.

I got the name when I started playing football as a kid, when asked what position I play I said anywhere as I just wanted to be a part of the team and being small and left-footed I got placed at left back. Then a couple games in we were missing a couple of players, I played much further forward and scored a hat-trick. As my surname is Menzies I was jokingly called Menzinho as the coaches were all totally amazed that this 'left-back' was picking the ball up, knocking it past players and scoring. It kind of stuck and I didn't play left-back much after that!

One for you @AmericanPie, are you a big fan of the Don McLean song or is the origin of your username simply that you're stateside and if so where about?

@Magic magpie do you recall the game you watched with me and @super_pie back in 2013? [Not the gathering day]

@Fan of Big Tone Could you have make a switch to supporting the same team as your red next door neighbour?

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
9 minutes ago, TheSkipper said:

@Fan of Big Tone Could you have make a switch to supporting the same team as your red next door neighbour?

I think you know the answer to that @TheSkipper :panic:

Archived