Reporting posts - a message to all users

Fan of Big Tone

A message for all forum users.

We want Pride of Nottingham to be a family friendly place where people can chat about Notts County, football and life in general without arguments, abuse, spammers or trolls spoiling our community, however the admin team and moderators can't read every post, this is where you the ordinary member can help, if you see a post you are not happy with or you have any concerns about a post please let the moderation team know by reporting it. You can do this by clicking the "report post" button in the top right hand corner of the post, this will alert the moderation team so that action can be taken.

There has been very little trouble of this kind in the past and with your help as the community grows we can keep it that way. COYP.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

A message for all forum users.

We want Pride of Nottingham to be a family friendly place where people can chat about Notts County, football and life in general without arguments, abuse, spammers or trolls spoiling our community, however the admin team and moderators can't read every post, this is where you the ordinary member can help, if you see a post you are not happy with or you have any concerns about a post please let the moderation team know by reporting it. You can do this by clicking the "report post" button in the top right hand corner of the post, this will alert the moderation team so that action can be taken.

There has been very little trouble of this kind in the past and with your help as the community grows we can keep it that way. COYP.

Well said @Fan of Big Tone

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

I have received some silly messages from what appears to be guests.

Can this be prevented because I see no reason for them to be reporting some of the stuff I get alerted about but I do check to make sure discussions are on point and friendly.

Are they personal messages @CliftonMagpie? Surely guests can't send them can they? I would have thought you had to be a member and logged in.

16 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

Can this be prevented because I see no reason for them to be reporting some of the stuff I get alerted about but I do check to make sure discussions are on point and friendly.

When did you receive these messages and what did they say @CliftonMagpie.Whatever it needs sorting.

1 hour ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Are they personal messages @CliftonMagpie? Surely guests can't send them can they? I would have thought you had to be a member and logged in.

No, they are reports sent to my e-mail.

One person was complaining about something, two seemed like spam and the most recent one was about a double post. Most of the reports seem to be sent by a guest, the member one about the post I know is fine.

6 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I am a casual poster but I read the site daily, I have only noticed some small things.

It says a lot about the community here when the focus is actually on discussing matters, rather than hidden agendas, personal insults and the keyboard issues social media has.

• Like 4

The fact the report system hasn't been suddenly flooded says a lot, not a single alert or item flagged.

20 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

It's a core system bug, I have spoken to the support who creates the software PON uses.

• Like 1

• Chris unfeatured this topic