Notts County vs Stevenage: Player Ratings

samwatto2008

Here are my player ratings for today's game based on /10.

Fitzsimmons 3/10 - Made some saves that were straight at him but apart from that distribution was poor, decision making was woeful and I think he is making Mark Crossley look like a mug. Crossley was getting so frustrated on the touchline today so I assume he's not doing as he's told.

Turley - 6/10 - Solid debut. Not as pacey as Tootle but he does well in the air and I think provides perfect competition. Well Done that lad.

Ward - 5/10 - Average but didn't attack any set pieces.

Brisely - 5/10 - Improved massively without Duffy. Him and Ward do well together. Would have given him a higher score but we conceded 3 and the defence have to be held accountable for part of that.

Evina - 7/10 - Brilliant debut. Good first touch, good runs and can work really well with Boldewjin. Much better replacement than Dan Jones. 

Boldewjin - 8/10 - Fantastic goal along with some really good runs and effort today. He loves cutting in and with his quick feet defenders just can't do anything about it. Starting to show his price tag and live up to his hype.

Milsom - 6/10 - Doing his job as a ball winning midfielder, so much better than Hewitt. 

Husin - 7/10 - Played really well and chased the ball and won it back if he lost it. Surprised at first he was chosen over Vaughan but filled in perfectly. Delivery on corners is still poor but that can be worked on.

Alessandra - 9/10 (MOTM) - Best performance in a Notts shirt by this man today. Quality. It would have been 10 if he had gotten a goal. Provided some clear cut chances and an assist with an amazing ball to Boldewjin for his goal. Best player on the pitch today, his work rate was second to none.

Stead - 7/10 - Played well holding the ball up, should have put a chance early on in the second half away but other than that played brilliantly. 

Hemmings - 8/10 - Again effort was faultless. Deserved his goal and he loved celebrating it in front of the KOP. Really chuffed with him and think him and Stead work well together. I am left wondering if he even wants to play with Dennis. Pat on the back needed for Kane today.

No subs really made an impact so 5/10 for each (Tootle and Thomas). Overall I think we deserved the 3pts but yet again we are sat here scratching our heads of why a keeper was not brought in the window. Fitz's confidence is shot and I would rather have Collin back to be totally honest with you. Positioning is poor and distribution is woeful. But ... we are all human and I do feel sorry for him as I know he cares and wants to do well, I can only think there is problems off the field which he needs to sort out. I think for his own sanity though he needs to have a 1-1 meeting with Kewell to discuss his plans and future at this football club as he is just not cut out for league football. 

Fitzsimmons 3/10 - his saves was basically straight at him, when you needed a stronger keeper he just did not do enough.

Turley - 4/10 - he got caught out a lot for me and would kick the ball out all the time not far from where he stood. he looked pretty average to me.

Ward - 5/10 - he did okay, i caught him moaning to brisley for ward losing his man but he was okay.

Brisely - 5.5/10 - played quite well and offered a lot going forward/at the back.

Evina - 6/10 - solid debut but was a little poor in the second half. maybe match fitness but he was a bit all over the place. 

Boldewjin - 7/10 - he tried to defend, looked very lively going forward. for me he was the best player on the pitch and i agree with the official man of the match.

Milsom - 5/10 - average, looked better going forward but scared to defend. 

Husin - 7/10 - solid performance, he played very well but his passing at times should be better.

Alessandra - 6.5/10 good going forward, tidy on the ball, he won the ball back but his decision making and passing leads to wasting chances

Stead - 7/10 - only player who seemed to kick himself every time something did not work out, he worked very well and chased every ball he could. this was one of his best performances this season. 

Hemmings - 6.5/10 - he lacked service at times but he battled, his goal was well taken but i feel he could have done more at times.

im not rating the subs but i will say tootle looked sharp coming on.

Fitzsimons 4.5 - Still looks like an accident waiting to happen. Replays will confirm whether this is a harsh rating or not regarding the first two goals, but he looks a shadow of the player we saw last season.
Turley 6 - Not sure if right back is his natural position, but had a decent first half.
Brisley 5.5 - An improved performance without looking impressive, let's hope this is the start of him getting last season's form back.
Ward 6 - Nothing special, but basically competent.
Evina 6.5 - Not a bad first start, looks an upgrade on Jones.
Boldewijn 8* - A real threat. Even though he visibly tired late on and the end product wasn't always there, he terrified them with his pace. Another cracking goal out of nothing, I think he looks a very good signing.
Husin 5.5 - Even though he was more involved than usual, I still struggle to see what he adds. As the creative midfielder he created very little, and he still looks lightweight when they have the ball.
Milsom 6 - Does what Milsom does. Nothing special but played his part in midfield.
Alessandra 7.5 - always involved and worked hard when he was out wide and then in the centre. Offered a bit of creativity as well.
Stead 7 - Could have done better with the chances he had, but his work ethic is a great example to the rest of the team.
Hemmings 7 - Best game I've seen from him. Chased and harried their defence throughout, took his goal well. This is the Kane Hemmings I was hoping for, so more of the same please.

Tootle 5.5 - Did ok, but doesn't look the player we had last season yet.
Thomas 5 - no real impact.

Overall much better, at least we looked like we wanted it but our defensive frailties cost us the extra two points. I just hope this is the bottom of the downward spiral and we use it to start an upward curve.

Fitzsimons 2 - I saw no passion, no disappointment and I heard a lot of his moaning about the players not being as far up the field as he would have liked. Even when the ball was lumped by him straight back to a Stevenage player he was yelling at the defence to push up. Fitzsimons doesn't understand defending, his distribution was poor and his positioning is awful. Why the hell he ties himself to the nearest goal post is beyond me, he leaves the space wide open and it presents goal scoring chances because he doesn't react.

Turley 3 - This might be harsh for his debut but his awareness, positional play seems very questionable. He did well at times but he was the main exploit for Stevenage, they knew how to get passed him and he shares blame for some of the issues.

Brisley 6 - He's getting back to what we know he can be like, he stood his ground several times when Ward moaned at him for his positioning (despite Ward being the weaker link). I felt Brisley played very well.

Ward 6 - He did his job, he seems to moan a bit too much and when he pushes onto one player he becomes almost like Duffy - just a far better defender though.

Evina 6.5 - Solid debut, he became weaker and tired in the second half but this is probably fitness.

Boldewijn 8 - Exceptional play from him, he could defend better but he at least tried. His attacking play was outstanding and he's now in form!

Husin 5 - Better at passing, he defended nicely at times but looked an accident at times. His forward play could be better but his passing was spot on.

Milsom 4 - He tried, he looks better out wide than in the middle for me but he just seemed to be one of those players you only noticed when he had the ball and passed it. Otherwise I saw little else from him.

Alessandra 8 - He played very well, defended and attacked. He runs himself into know mans land and his decision making isn't the best but he makes up for that with his effort and desire. Even when he lost the ball he made a point to try to close it down. High praise from me! He deserves to stay in the team based on this performance.

Stead 8 - He seemed very focused, he ran and chased. Worked hard and he was a lively threat for us, brilliant to see him lead with passion.

Hemmings 5 - It's not his fault, why people expect him to bring balls down or chase everything is weird. Pass to his feet, he looks useful enough but for me he just seemed very average. Hardworking but average.

Subs

Tootle 6 - He looked lively, interested and made good runs. His return was good, as he bombarded the right flank several times and won balls that I would have expected him to lose.

Thomas - N/A I didn't notice him much at all.

Fitzsimmons - He looks like a bubbling idiot in goal, the two first goals are basically the same and he still didn't learn from his positioning. I don't care what AH or MC think of him, I don't think he's good enough. 2/10 

Turley - He looked reasonable, nothing flash and coped okay. 4/10

Ward -  Basic work at the back, communicated and did okay. 4/10

Brisely - Looked more like himself and did well with Ward. 5.5/10

Evina - Solid debut, he impressed me but he looks better at defending. 6/10

Boldewjin - Impressive from start to finish, looked a real danger on the ball. 9/10

Milsom  - Not a great performance but not bad either. 5/10

Husin - He did better calming the play down than he did anything else, he needs to battle more for the ball. 6/10

Alessandra - His best performance for awhile, he looked solid and lively. 7/10

Stead -  He ran his socks off literally and deserved to get on the score sheet. 8.5/10

Hemmings - Nothing really special, he worked hard and scored a very easy goal. 6/10

Fitzsimmons 3/10 - Awful again

Turley - 6/10 - Solid debut Will be better centre mid with Tootle at full back

Ward - 6/10 - Average but much safer than Duffy

Brisely - 4/10 - Improved but should be replaced by Turley.

Evina - 7/10 - Great debut. Looks good.

Boldewjin - 7/10 - Fantastic goal along with some really good runs and effort today but has to start putting in a 90 minute shift.

Milsom - 7/10 - The answer to the ball winning midfielder ? Not sure but so much better than Hewitt. 

Husin - 7/10 - Played really well and should be selected before Vaughan.

Alessandra - 9/10 - easily Man of the match for me. 

Stead - 7/10 - Played well & took to the skipper role well. Unfortunately ran out of steam last 15 and should have been replaced to inject some pace.

Hemmings - 8/10 - This lad gives 100% 

subs : 5/10

I feel sorry for Fitzsimons but he's not good enough unless he improves, there's little sign of that at the moment.

He's the only player now guaranteed to start no matter what and that's just wrong! Duffy has competition now, he's failed as the captain but people insist on saying it's the defence that has placed us smack down bottom of the league table. It's not, it's Fitzsimons.

• Chris unfeatured this topic

Archived