Notts v Northampton.. who would you select as your starting 11

Magic magpie

My Lineup: Fitz / Turley - Ward - Brisely - Evina / Alessandra - Vaughan- Milsom - Boldewjin / Stead - Hemmings

Fitzsimons has to be more confident otherwise were shot and he'll be at fault for a poor season. Theres literally nothing wrong with the defence now on paper so its important he starts to get some clean sheets to his name. 

3 hours ago, samwatto2008 said:

My Lineup: Fitz / Turley - Ward - Brisely - Evina / Alessandra - Vaughan- Milsom - Boldewjin / Stead - Hemmings

Fitzsimons has to be more confident otherwise were shot and he'll be at fault for a poor season. Theres literally nothing wrong with the defence now on paper so its important he starts to get some clean sheets to his name. 

Fits right now is the key .. the 10 put players are doing great but he needs to step up .. find some confidence from some where.

Mine would be...

Fitzsimons

Tootle,    Turley Ward,    Evina

Milsom

Vaughan

Thomas                           Enzio

Hemmings    Stead

I would instruct Milsom to focus on picking the ball up, linking play with the defence and going forward only as support. I would allow Vaughan to be the anchor and Thomas and Enzio would be told to make the space to open up the play in midfield or to enable attacks down the flanks. It's harsh on Alessandra but I feel the flanks are important, he drifts into the middle and although he does well. I just feel we need those out wide players to make the runs.

Don't lump it to Stead or Hemmings, play it neatly, ball to feet and play simple passes.

Draw the defence onto them and pass into areas that will naturally allow the game to open up. There will be chances if Notts play wisely, but I am mindful that I feel Notts will concede first.

If this happens the game plan would change, Harry Kewell needs to touch bases with every possibility.

11 minutes ago, Chris said:

Mine would be...

Fitzsimons

Milsom

Vaughan

Hemmings    Stead

I would instruct Milsom to focus on picking the ball up, linking play with the defence and going forward only as support. I would allow Vaughan to be the anchor and Thomas and Enzio would be told to make the space to open up the play in midfield or to enable attacks down the flanks. It's harsh on Alessandra but I feel the flanks are important, he drifts into the middle and although he does well. I just feel we need those out wide players to make the runs.

Don't lump it to Stead or Hemmings, play it neatly, ball to feet and play simple passes.

Draw the defence onto them and pass into areas that will naturally allow the game to open up. There will be chances if Notts play wisely, but I am mindful that I feel Notts will concede first.

If this happens the game plan would change, Harry Kewell needs to touch bases with every possibility.

Think yet again you have hit it on the head 👍🏻👏😀

Fitzsimons

Tootle          Ward               Brisley      Evina 

Allesandra      Hewitt             Millsom               Enzio                                     

Hemmings

Stead (c)

Is Hewitt our second best defensive midfielder?

Ok I am not a fan of Hewitt I admit but I just think especially away from home we need to keep things tight, how do we do it that with the central midfielders at our disposal I’m not sure! Maybe Vaughn is a stronger candidate for the roll but he just doesn’t seem to have the legs for 45 minutes never mind 90....I’d really like to see Kellett given a chance as he seems to have the energy and the passing ability but neither Kellett or Hewitt were on the bench against Stevenage so that doesn’t look promising for either of them.

I don’t think Husin is the answer, but I think Kewell likes his composure and passing ability so maybe he sticks with him, just hope he can keep improving on his defensive play and learn not to stand off the opposition when they have the ball maybe it’s something HK can coach into him, it’s something Hewitt is also guilty of I know.....For me after goalkeeper this is the position where the players vying for it need to really improve as they have the ability.

On 19/09/2018 at 15:24, Chris said:

Mine would be...

Fitzsimons

Milsom

Vaughan

Hemmings    Stead

This sounds good to me, I think Milsom could do the defensive job but he can't do both.

Based on what I know, mine would be.

Fitzsimons

Tootle          Ward               Brisley      Evina 

Allesandra                Millsom                  Enzio                                     

Vaughan    

Hemmings

Stead (c)

Archived