Match Discussion: Game 11 - Red Devils (H)   Live

PON_News

Game 11 - Red Devils (H)

Team: Crawley Town

Date: 02/10/18

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Harry Kewell opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

I love night games and I can’t wait for this one .. what’s even better is @super_pie and Callum will be joining us. 

I don’t think it will be an easy 3 points we will have to fight Crawley won’t want to loose to there old gaffer or enzio.

but they will come with a game plane we need to be well organised both defencelessly and attacking stay strong and stay as one. 

If today was anything to go by I have a good feeling about the Crawley game but I won’t get carried away though

• Like 1

i think its going to be tougher than crewe, i cant see notts breaking them down well or controlling the game. it will most likely be a battle to get anything but i just hope notts are up to it.

3 hours ago, liampie said:

i think its going to be tougher than crewe, i cant see notts breaking them down well or controlling the game. it will most likely be a battle to get anything but i just hope notts are up to it.

I have to agree mate .. hopefully the confidence we have got ftom Crewe will help 

Play smart, be careful in possession and creative on the ball.

I think the confidence is shifting towards good things, if Notts press wisely it could pay off. Another 3 points please!

• Chris featured this topic

I want to see further signs of progress, things right now are paying off and if Notts go into the game thinking one or two steps ahead of Crawley Town - I think we'll take the game to them. The key is midfield! I am also nervous about Enzio playing, it wouldn't surprise me if they come hard hitting and attempt to disrupt the play as much as possible. The game has to be played on the deck, we are starting to grow from doing.

Also, I would throw David Vaughan back into the squad.

Save some space for the weekend and don't let the key players get tired, start a strong squad but give some others a chance.

We need to isolate the midfield three behind the striker of Luke Gambin, Ashley Nathaniel-George and Filipe Morais. Get Alessandra, Stead, Boldewijn and Hemmings influencing the game as much as they were in the second half on Saturday.

I really don’t want to be negative but I can’t see us getting anything from Crawley. The display on Saturday was an improvement but some way off a dominant display.

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think the come back is on yet.

I think it will be a 1-1 draw, they seem to be in good form as do we at the moment.

I don't think either sides will risk that.

3-1 Notts.

I have faith the clubs moving in the right direction and I hope Hemmings starts with Dennis. Stead needs to rest, as I would with Boldewijn.

4 hours ago, TheSkipper said:

3-1 Notts.

I have faith the clubs moving in the right direction and I hope Hemmings starts with Dennis. Stead needs to rest, as I would with Boldewijn.

Not bad!

Stead was absolutely crucial tonight - not only was he as hard-working as always, he was a constant threat too. Took his goal superbly. Not sure he'll manage the full 90 minutes on Saturday though!

Supporter+

That was a very good Notts performance especially in attack, we looked up for it from the start and we harried Crawley and closed them down really well. All three goals were excellent Stead had a lot of work to do for his but took it brilliantly and Thomas off the bench to score a curling free kick .....fantastic.

Every player did their bit but special praise from me for Alessandra, Boldwin and of course captain fantastic Jon Stead.

I’ve been feeling rough today and very nearly gave it a miss but I’m so glad I made the effort and the game was so good I forgot how ill I’d been feeling.

Supporter+

Forgot to mention the red card, well taking my black and white blinkers off for a moment I can see why the ref gave it, Milsom didn’t go in with any malice but his studs were showing and it was dangerous but what incensed me and a lot of the crowd was that the ref didn’t give the one before when Alessandra (I think it was) went clean through and was brought down and their player escaped with a yellow.

Alessandra brought down, should have been a red but though Crawley's defensive back line was in sync, the speed of the run meant that they could not be deemed as "covering players"...Red all the way

@Piethagoram Crawley's 22 should have been sent off.

Plus the referee and match officials missed a clear punch which is violent conduct, then again I noticed several elbows and fist punches into the back of Notts players. It was very frustrating but Notts played very well. The performance was superb and I felt we handled them very well. They didn't have much of a threat and their shooting was woeful, there was chances a better team would have finished but Notts deserved the win.

• Like 1

Whatever Harry has done or said, he's got the players performing with a good level of confidence. His appointment has lifted almost everyone and a 3-1 home win is brilliant.

• Like 1

Outstanding performance by Notts, it was go from the kick off and I was impressed by how solid the team looked across the field. There was only a few scares from Crawley, I think they could have had several shots at an empty goal and still missed.

Thankfully Notts are now playing like a team!

• Like 1

The difference between now and when Harry Kewell first took over is strikingly different, you wouldn't believe its the same time. It reminds me of when Kevin Nolan first came to Notts. I just hope Kewell keeps thinking but the 3-1 win was impressive.

I felt sorry for Ross Fitzsimons for conceding the goal.

• Love 1

Bloody fantastic match both half’s they played with passion desire and wanting it .. so impressed with the team honestly proud of the lads they produced the game of the season so far for me. 

• Like 1

It looked a brilliant display and an entertaining game by all accounts, it seems Crawley tried but couldn't the net until near the end. It's good to read comments about every area for Notts improving.

Jon Stead is proving himself to be an excellent captain.

• Chris unfeatured this topic