I've lost confidence in our owner!

So that is it ... I don't want him running the club anymore. I am aware of the saying 'Be careful what you wish for' but I have had enough of him.

He is an arrogant, selfish, dangerous and heartless man. His twitter rant last night about driving tipped me over the edge. Frustrating isn't the word, if he is the ambassador of the club then we might as well pack our bags now!

He overtook the supporters bus and a small white van on double white lines yesterday. He then tried to defend his actions by saying he does a lot of miles and hasn't had a crash yet. Bit hypocritical though considering that he is going to court to testify against his speeding fines and faces a ban from driving 77mph in a 40 zone. He seems to think the rules don't apply to him. He then went on a rant about how old people are shocking drivers which is such a generic comment to make and isn't true.

I also caught him on his phone coming out of Sixfields the other week and I have just had enough of the bloke to be honest. He is a ... think you can fill in the blank.

The fact he has George in net too at half time makes us look like a laughing stock. So kids get to score a goal past George? Whoopy Do ... thats such an achievement. Stick Max Culverwell in net or something make it something entertaining. Also the KOP and Pavis cheer every time he concedes which is just setting the kid up to fail bless him. Not fair on him. 

I want him gone! End of! Such a poor role model and ambassador for the club ... embarrassing.

I don't think it's fair to bring George into it, he's a kid and Alan Hardy is just using his power to be what he feels is a good parent.

Otherwise I agree, I have started to avoid Hardy's tweets and I have for awhile. He's twisted things I have said to him and tried to use his followers to abuse me, like he does others and I think that behaviour shows what sort of a person he is.

Supporter+

Leaving aside what you think of his personal life and his tweets, is he a good owner for the club? have we moved forward since he took control? these are the things that matter to the football club which we support, personally I think we are better off with him as owner than we were before so that's all that matters to me.

I do agree with @samwatto2008 that he is arrogant and selfish etc., but perhaps thats what's made him a good businessman. I totally agree he shouldn't be speeding and overtaking on double white lines etc., god forbid he has an accident for his sake and for the innocent parties who might be involved, hopefully the law will deal with that side of things and he will get a ban.

I do wish he would stay off twitter because it doesn't do him or the club any favours.

These are the types of things I generally keep clear off, I don't do politics and I am mindful of reactions.

Alan Hardy seems okay as a chairman, I wasn't impressed by him pushing me aside the other week after the Crawley win but he seemed upset. I don't know, he frustrates me at times too but I feel he does care. He's just doing himself no favours at times. 

its a tough job to be a modern day owner of a football club.

i think hardy does care and hes just a busy person, so i think some of the stuff people do on social media is pathetic. provided he runs the club well and does not abuse his powers, i dont care. as for george hardy he should not be thrown into the conversation.

I seem to remember that Derek Paris wasn’t liked by a lot of fans and look what happened to the club a couple of years after he left.

I don’t like him as a person, I don’t like some of his ideas and I especially don’t like how he manipulates Twitter by singling our people who disagree with him by quote retweeting. As a chairman though, we have had a lot worse.

12 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

@samwatto2008 Just be careful what you wish for..... who else could be found to cover £1.5m cash losses on an annual basis....PDQ?????

I agree what he has done for the club is remarkable and he is a good football chairman but .... It was his choice to cross his business life with his personal life so therfore his personal life becomes one that people have the right to comment on. If his twitter account was purely notts related we wouldn't have any of these issues. He is just an arrogant fool.

1 hour ago, samwatto2008 said:

I agree what he has done for the club is remarkable and he is a good football chairman but .... It was his choice to cross his business life with his personal life so therfore his personal life becomes one that people have the right to comment on. If his twitter account was purely notts related we wouldn't have any of these issues. He is just an arrogant fool.

Just look at Raymundo when the twitter trolls got to him and his children (which was unacceptable)... If Alan walked away now, club could be put into Admin within days, with points deduction... National league here we come....

Just think about what you are writing...you may not wish for him to be at the club..but what are the alternatives?

Just now, Piethagoram said:

Just look at Raymundo when the twitter trolls got to him and his children (which was unacceptable)... If Alan walked away now, club could be put into Admin within days, with points deduction... National league here we come....

Just think about what you are writing...you may not wish for him to be at the club..but what are the alternatives?

Yeah but I am entitled to an opinion. I just don't think hes the right man for the job especially behind the scenes.  

I don't want Hardy to leave (yet). He's a good chairman in a lot of ways and has put his money where his mouth is when others wouldn't. But, he must hcange his behaviour, because at the moment he's an accident waiting to happen. Firstly, he needs a personal PR person who controls his twitter account and what he says in other ways - this is easy to do. Secondly, he needs to reign in his arrogance - he is Alan Hardy - he is not Notts County. The ownership appears to have gone to his head, and so his treatment of others has gone down the pan.

A good chairman needs to make the right calls regarding the manager and his staff, and then let them do their job. He seems to have done alright on that score so far.

The Twitter antics are tiresome and unnecessary, but you don't have to read it. I don't. He doesn't strike me as the kind of bloke I'd go and drink a pint with, but neither have any of the other chairmen we've had in my lifetime. If we're a division higher in five years' time, he'll have been a good chairman; if we're two divisions higher he'll have been an excellent chairman. The other stuff is annoying but ultimately not important.

10 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Can we keep the response a little more friendly please .. in regards to the think what your writing sam expressed a opinion that’s all .. we are all passionate about Notts 

1 hour ago, Magic magpie said:

Can we keep the response a little more friendly please .. in regards to the think what your writing sam expressed a opinion that’s all .. we are all passionate about Notts 

Sorry, Sam's original posting says he wanted him gone. I have only laid out possible consequences....

It's hypocritical for @Magic magpieto say.....a little more friendly...

We all want whats best for Notts

Supporter+
1 hour ago, Magic magpie said:

It didn’t seem unfriendly to me, Have I missed something. :huh2:

On the other hand Alan Hardy has made the rare decision to part companies with a manager he had a good friendship with, he's lost board members due to this and right now its proving to be the right decision. Sometimes people have no understanding on how to manage themselves from a PR point of view on social media, his driving habits and other things are a personal matter.

Whilst these don't effect the club directly, I would be include to judge him on his decisions as the chairman.

Not the ideas he has, the decisions which has rubbed certain fans up the wrong way or any personal matters. I will say, since the club seem proactive with acknowledging the lad that died due to a speeding car, I would have though Alan Hardy would be mindful to reduce his own speeding. I have read comments about him never being in an accident and well things can happen at ant point.

Archived