Mark Yates departs with The Silkmen!

samwatto2008

I have spoken to various fans from Macclesfield and none of them wanted Yates to be around, I still recall how some of our own fans wanted him as the manager and again I can't help but say how overrated he is as a manager. He could have done a far better job, there's a few players I hope Notts keep an eye on from their squad but I don't think any can save them from the drop.

They would have to spend a fair bit more on wages to get out and I can't see it happening.

It's the right call to sack Mark Yates, they've become worse over the last dozen or so games.

Won’t lie at first I was a bit shocked because Macclesfield played ok against Notts and there game play in previous games wasn’t bad ... but looking at the table I’m not shocked. Going in to Saturday he had to win but it didn’t happen ... and I imagine the owner won’t want non league football next season 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, cheeky~k8 said:

From the look of the table i'm not surprised. Knowing how quickly notts get rid of their managers, nothing will surprise me.

Kevin never should of gone I think he deserved more time .. where the gaffer from Macclesfield did get more time and definitely deserved to go.

1 minute ago, Magic magpie said:

Kevin never should of gone I think he deserved more time .. where the gaffer from Macclesfield did get more time and definitely deserved to go.

In this situation he clearly wasnt helping macclesfield so did deserve to go

1 minute ago, cheeky~k8 said:

In this situation he clearly wasnt helping macclesfield so did deserve to go

Yeah I totally agree Notts was his last game in charge And Macclesfield seemed like they were ok playing style the players look to play for him .. but based on the time the points etc I think it was the right call

Archived