Halifax vs Chesterfield

ARLukomski

So this afternoon/evening I tuned in to watch Halifax vs Chesterfield on BT Sport since Notts didn't have a game.

Halifax were winless in 8, Chesterfield winless in 12 before the game.

The first half was about as tasteless as shower water and it was a dreadful contest. Not one to please the taste buds.

In the second half, a rather amusing moment happened when a Halifax player put a Chesterfield player in a headlock near the corner flag and the referee gave a free kick to Halifax. Also Spireites should have had a penalty when Tom Denton (the human equivalent to the Shanghai Tower) was basically having his shirt ripped off in the box, only for the referee to look about as interested as a cupboard door. 

Chesterfield didn't look like they were winless in 12 though. They were decent second half but Halifax gave them a sucker punch when Matt Kosylo gave the bankers the lead in the 69th minute. He rounded Hull loanee keeper Callum Burton and slotted it calmly into the unguarded Spireites net. 

Zavon Hines played well for Chesterfield and he flicked the ball on for Jerome Binnom-Williams to cross in to the 6'7 fridge freezer Tom Denton to head home. 

Halifax hit the bar in added time and the game finished 1-1. Chesterfield probably should have won the game.

All I ask is for, is for Notts to never go to this level

Chesterfield was a team back in the day I’ve liked honestly cause they defined what it was to be a underdog. 

To see them fall from grace upsets me slightly just cause of what they were who they would play and fight. 

Halifax as well how they have fallen I hate to see that well any team if truth be told I hope they can find there way back. 

@ARLukomski great read 👍🏻

Supporter+

I really feel for Chesterfield fans, I used to work in Chesterfield and we had a lot of great banter because I was only one of two Notts fans in the building amongst lots of Spireites, Rams, Owls, Blades and Stags, they were great times, I hope Chesterfield can climb back.

The Non-League is no place for Notts, a few years ago Chesterfield would have beaten Halifax easily but it shows you how times can change. Notts needs to be on the front foot, always improving and doing their best to bring in quality signings.

Good teams don't get relegated simple as that.

They're doomed I tell ya, doomed.

In all honesty we know from looking at Mansfield that it's no easy league, they threw money at it and struggled to get out. If you have the right setup and players, it's not as hard but the standard of the football is the biggest hold up of all.

Archived