Daily chat thread - Sunday 14th October

Supporter+

Good morning, it’s a horrible rainy start here, we’ll have a soggy flannel of a cat to dry when she comes in from her nighttime forage. We’ll have to grab her before she jumps on the settee with muddy paws.

Not much happening here today, I was elated that I managed to fix the broken tap in the camper van yesterday so that’s another job ticked off, I’m getting good at this DIY malarkey I fixed the washer the other day now the tap I’m on a roll.

Have a great day everyone stay dry if you can.

It was a weird one yesterday, it was hot but cold. This transition into autumn does not actually feel like a transition yet. It is still hitting like 20 degrees which is warm for England at this time of year. 

Anyway, Today I shall be keeping myself to myself. Despite my post yesterday stating I wouldn't do anything I got quite busy and got a lot of stuff done. I was then rewarded at night with a lovely home cooked meal by my Dad. 

Today though, I am going to be chilling out :) I will keep an eye on PON and continue to charge my way through the leagues on FIFA. 

Supporter+

What a horrible day it’s been, spare a thought for my son Chris who has been running the Leicester marathon in this awful weather. He didn’t do the full marathon but a relay with three mates they are now tucking into a well deserved hog roast.

Meanwhile my daughter in law has messaged to say I’ve succeeded in turning my youngest grandson into a Notts fan, he insisted in wearing his full Notts kit today even though he wasn’t playing football. Good lad, my work is done. 😇

As already mentioned, i,ve been finishing off the decorating in the living room.. just the last little bits to do now and its all done finally. All the tiling is finally done too so all i need to do now is grout them and touch up some of the paint above the top tiles.

After i'd finished the painting with a little bit of help, i started to cook the stew we had for tea tonight.

Well it’s the end of my lads birthday weekend, gutted that there was no Notts game yesterday, but we made up for it in the evening with a trip to the dog track and had a nice meal. Today was a bit more of a reality check for him as he had to deliver his papers in the rain and then do a shift pot washing at the loacal pub. 

Prepared him a proper Sunday roast for when he got home along with my special (Mary Berry inspired) Yorkshire Puddings!

I visited @GrannyPie who was unfortunately admitted to QMC yesterday.Her infected foot has got worse.Even so she apparently  had some porridge for breakfast and just a bit of apple pie at dinnertime.When I arrived just after !pm the medical staff were discussing how to give her more intravenous medication as they couldn't find a suitable vein in her arm.She wanted to sleep but chatted away sporadically.I left just before  they were going to do the chosen procedure but asked if I could phone later  to check on her progress.Phoned back at 6 pm and spoke to the same nurse who was looking after @GrannyPie in the afternoon.She was quite upbeat and told me they had easily  found a vein and were adding further medication so with a bit of luck when I visit her tomorrow I will have some positive news

6 minutes ago, super_ram said:

I visited @GrannyPie who was unfortunately admitted to QMC yesterday.Her infected foot has got worse.Even so she apparently  had some porridge for breakfast and just a bit of apple pie at dinnertime.When I arrived just after !pm the medical staff were discussing how to give her more intravenous medication as they couldn't find a suitable vein in her arm.She wanted to sleep but chatted away sporadically.I left just before  they were going to do the chosen procedure but asked if I could phone later  to check on her progress.Phoned back at 6 pm and spoke to the same nurse who was looking after @GrannyPie in the afternoon.She was quite upbeat and told me they had easily  found a vein and were adding further medication so with a bit of luck when I visit her tomorrow I will have some positive news

Hopefully she'll be abit better tomorrow, we'll be visiting whilst the kids are at school.

51 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

Hopefully she'll be abit better tomorrow, we'll be visiting whilst the kids are at school.

Visiting times-! - 3 and 4 - 8,though I wasn't kicked out at 3

Supporter+
30 minutes ago, super_ram said:

Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear that @GrannyPie is in hospital, please keep us informed @super_ram give her our love and wish her a speedy recovery, we need her back here keeping us all in order.

2 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear that @GrannyPie is in hospital, please keep us informed @super_ram give her our love and wish her a speedy recovery, we need her back here keeping us all in order.

Whoops,pressed the edit button instead of  quote

.I'm sure your best  wishes will cheer her up no end @Fan of Big Tone.thanks

Supporter+
1 minute ago, super_ram said:

Whoops,pressed the edit button instead of  quote

.I'm sure your best  wishes will cheer her up no end @Fan of Big Tone.thanks

I hope so, it can’t be much fun being in hospital. Not that I’ve had any experience thankfully but I can imagine it’s not nice.

1 minute ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I hope so, it can’t be much fun being in hospital. Not that I’ve had any experience thankfully but I can imagine it’s not nice.

It wasn't much fun for me either yesterday @Fan of Big Tone.I didn't have anything to eat before @GrannyPie was sent to hospital and I didn't want to move away from the waiting area  while she was being assessed .The same thing applied when she was moved to A and E to be seen by a doctor.No-one gives you much information  just -" The doctors  deciding what medication  to use" or"Someone will be here presently" and another couple of hours pass by with the nursing staff flitting busily around the ward.I didn't want to leave @GrannyPietill we knew what was happening but it would have been nice to get a bit of reassurance  now and then.Today the staff were brilliant and kept us informed all the way.

45 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

Thats ok, i'll have to leave at 2pm to pick the girls up anyway.

I should have Typed that I wasn't kicked out at 3

13 minutes ago, liampie said:

please send my well wishes to @GrannyPie, shes a lovely member and her support means something. i hope shes ok :( 

Of course I will @liampie She will be chuffed to bits to hear from you.We both hope you're feeling better too

Archived