TV Series post-1995!

Thought I would have a gander through Netflix recently and have started to watch The Royle Family from start to finish. Weirdly I like watching programmes about families and peoples lives (Gavin & Stacey, Benidorm, Stella, Friday Night Dinner, Inbetweeners).

I am only 19 but love some old classiscs: Only Fools & Horses, On the Buses, Phoniex Nights, Max and Paddy. 

I know there is a mix of ages here on PON so what are a few stand out TV series's post 1995 that you can sit down and watch anytime? 

This is one that @Chris and me may share in a few ways. 

For me I love comedy the royal family early door and rovers  all by Craig cash I love them all. 

Other like only fools one foot in the grave me watching just to name a few. 

If I named all of them I would here all day you can’t beat a comedy sitcom for me.

Not sure when these were first broadcast but how about The Likely lads and Whatever happened to the likely lads,Rising damp,Porridge ,The vicar of Dibley and Blackadder.If you're not sure if a comedy is worth watching why not ask PoN members to act as critics to help you decide  @samwatto2008

@samwatto2008: Look up 'Last of the Summer Wine', it's a great sitcom if you watch it for a few episodes you'll laugh your head off at the antics. Literally any sitcom from the UK is worth watching, myself and @Magic magpie have stayed up discussing until the early hours what shows we liked.

You should see the collection Mark's built up.

It's very impressive, he's someone who can guide you to unearth some real gems.

On 14/10/2018 at 23:59, liampie said:

i dont really recall much about shows from 1995, i do like a lot of english sitcoms though. when did two pints first air?

I had completely forgotten Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps! It started in 2001, so I must have watched at for the first two or three series. I had no idea that it went on for nine series though.

I've just caught up with Better Call Saul. Superb TV.

When it comes to sitcoms, in addition to the classics mentioned above, I want to give Detectorists a shout. It's one of the best things I've seen in a long time and is on Netflix. Not an awful lot actually happens much of the time, but it makes you warm to the characters while gently taking the mick out of them - a tricky balance to get right.

Thanks @DangerousSausageThe title "The Detectorists" reminded me of another very funny comedy series-"The Detectives" starring Robert Powell,Jasper Carrott and George Sewell

Supporter+

If you haven’t seen any of the Red Dwarf episodes it’s definitely worth giving it a go, I found it hilarious.

On 15/10/2018 at 01:04, super_ram said:

Not sure when these were first broadcast but how about The Likely lads and Whatever happened to the likely lads,Rising damp,Porridge ,The vicar of Dibley and Blackadder.If you're not sure if a comedy is worth watching why not ask PoN members to act as critics to help you decide  @samwatto2008

What ever happened to the likely lads that’s a banging programme have them on dvd worn them out @super_ram you can’t beat James bolam and Rodney’s beaws and porridge these are a few I didn’t mention cause if I did be there all day. You beat the old ones 

Archived