Sign in to follow this  
Magic magpie

Gibraltar get first competitive win

So last night Gilbraltar got there first competive win over Armenia in the nations league after a penalty gave them there 5th goals in 22 games. In a game that some thought was a sure thing Gilbraltar shocked the world and Armenia by winning 1-0 with a 22 games played 22 games lost and a 107 goals conceded they finally got there win. From the spot on the 50th minute from there they were forced to defend and defend they did Armenia hit shot after shot but a defiant keeper held the giving the underdogs there first win

Edited by super_ram

1 hour ago, Magic magpie said:

So last night Gilbralta got there first competive win over Armenia in the nations league after a penalty gave them there 5th goals in 22 games. In a game that some thought was a sure thing Gilbralta shocked the world and Armenia by winning 1-0 with a 22 games played 22 games lost and a 107 goal conceived they finally got there win. From the spot on the 50th minute from there they were forced to defend and defend they did Armenia hit shot after shot but a defiant keeper held the giving the underdogs there first win

Neither side are that good but it's a good thing for Gilbralta.

Did Liam Walker play?

6 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

Did they not do this when Liam Walker scored against Latvia or was this a friendly?

I think that was  a friendly game if I recall right.

15 hours ago, TM1993 said:

Neither side are that good but it's a good thing for Gilbralta.

Did Liam Walker play?

I think that was  a friendly game if I recall right.

I think you may be right mate 

It was a great result for them the emotion from the team at the end was amazing the goalkeeper especially .. for this is the heart of football a team like this shownthat raw emotions and doing it for there country. 

Liam Walker would have thrived under Harry as well I agree with @samwatto2008

I have a soft spot for Gibraltar now, not because of Liam Walker but the supporter who I met at the sponsors launch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris said:

I have a soft spot for Gibraltar now, not because of Liam Walker but the supporter who I met at the sponsors launch.

Plus mate they are the ultimate underdogs .. they had there day finally 👍🏻👏👏

They are making good progress but they don't have enough quality to do well beyond the odd game, I think this is just the start for them but they need to get players in good leagues with good clubs.

Their best player is no doubt Liam Walker and look where he's at in terms of leagues.

Good win though for them.