England-3-2-Spain

Magic magpie

Last night England ended Spain’s 27 unbeaten game streak by beating them 3-2 in what was a thrilling game. 

Two from Stirling  one fell Rashford was enough to send the 3 cubs in at half time  with a 3-0 lead.

The youngest England team that had been named by a manager for over 30 years had defied exspectation by leading 3-0 but Spain rallied back in the second half with chance after chance as they found a way back shortly after half time to make it 3-1. 

But the young cubs refused to break and held on ,Pickford making a near fatal error as a pass back lead to a mix up but the young lion didn’t give up and held his nerve. 

Spain and Ramos started to head hunt and try to frustrate the cubs in to getting booked. they tried everything in there power to get the young cubs to lose there concentration. All to no avail.

But I’m the 97 minutes Ramos made it 3-2 after Spain stringed passes in to the area passing  the ball in to the defender Ramos who slotted it pass the out streatched Pickford who got a finger to it. 

The ref blew as the ball went in the net for full time to Ramos and Spains frustration. 

The young cubs looked good last night, far from the Croatia game. They played with heart and determination and never gave up. 

This is a young team that Southgate wants to mould and patience is what is required. 

On the whole a good game and surely the only way is up.

.And hardly an unnecessary back pass in the first half.Coincidence that England were on top? They chased lost causes.Hustled and bustled Spain into mistakes.The Spaniards didn't like being made to look second best.As @Magic magpiestates above, they tried everything to rattle the English but they couldn't break the Lions resolve.This game was the complete opposite of the previous game, against Croatia.

19 minutes ago, super_ram said:

.And hardly an unnecessary back pass in the first half.Coincidence that England were on top? They chased lost causes.Hustled and bustled Spain into mistakes.The Spaniards didn't like being made to look second best.As @Magic magpiestates above, they tried everything to rattle the English but they couldn't break the Lions resolve.This game was the complete opposite of the previous game, against Croatia.

Exactly @super_ram i actually enjoyed the the game it gives a littlE hope for the future 

Supporter+

I watched the highlights and England looked VERY good in the first half, it certainly bodes well for the future.

Very good first half, counter attacking at its finest. Dier set the tone with that challenge on Ramos. Rashford Sterling and Kane absolutely quality up top. All 3 under fire at the minute but proved doubters wrong with a solid display. Kane might not of scored but the way he set rashford away to hold it up against 3 players credit to him. Pickford abit complacent fortunate not to be sent off and give away a peno. But had it not been for dirty challenges from Spain when we broke we could of had 4 or 5. We can certainly cause trouble to teams on the break. Also huge credit to Southgate, changes formation makes changes brings in inexperienced players against Spain away from home and it paid off. Onwards and upwards under Southgate with the youth system. 

@liampie first half mate, we couldn't do wrong. Spain were being pressed so much by england and we forced them to uncharacteristically play wild passes which often missed its target. Second half we were always on back foot but I think Southgate and the lads thought they could do them on the counter as we did in the first half and they needed to attack second half from, 3-0 down but as I say we could of broke away 3 or 4 times if it wasn't for professional fouls. Also sterling should of won a free kick edge of box. But in the end we got the result. 

16 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

Good result for the young three lions, this squad has plenty of room to improve and its results like this which will give England fans hope of winning something in the future.

Most definitely mate and for me it’s that word hope something we haven’t had for a few years.

Archived