Daily chat thread - Wednesday 17th October

Supporter+

Good morning everyone, it’s dark and cloudy at be moment here but still dry.

Thanks for the update on @GrannyPie from yesterday @super_ram I’ve been thinking about her and wondering how she was, pleased to hear she’s improving slowly.

We’ve got another charity coming to look at our settee today, I hope this one takes it, otherwise it’s going outside in the garage, the trouble is that means I’ll have to leave the car out.

A nice thing happened yesterday Mrs. Big Tone has knitted a teddy for a charity table top sale we are doing and she wanted to wrap it in cellophane with a bow and have a name the teddy competition to raise money, we went into a florists and asked if we could buy some but thelady gave us some for nothing and when we told her about the charity she said she’d make up a floral display for us to raffle, what a nice gesture, there are some lovely people out there.

Its supposed to be a nice day today so what are you all up to, let PoN know.

I just woke up, been feeling rough and the only way I can describe it is feeling like I've been shot.

At least these days are less often but feeling drained is horrible, plus it takes away from being productive. I'll get there, meds have been taken. I feel less groggy but I'm not that mobile at the moment. I might try to have a walk with my wife to pick up our daughters, I don't know right now I'll access later.

I'm going to start editing the latest PONcast now, so we'll see where that goes before I decide anything else.

I hope everyone else is well.

Finished work and its my sisters 18th birthday today so we are off out for a meal at the Canarvon later. I bought her a hot air balloon ride experience for her birthday from Virgin which was well worth the money and she loved it. After work I went to the gym so feeling good and then went to get a haircut but overall I am feeling positive now. It's the little things that can have the biggest impact on your day. 

@GrannyPie update-I visited her this afternoon just as the one of the ward team was taking her order for tea.She chose chicken nuggets ,chips  and beans which in itself is an improvement as she'd already had chicken soup followed by bread and butter pudding for dinner and porridge for breakfast.Uptil today she'd hardly had anything to eat.Her blood sugar levels are coming down nicely.They took her off the medication that is helping her blood pressure but had to put her back on it as it was unstable .This was not entirely unexpected.A noticeable improvement was that she is very much more alert and stayed awake almost my entire stay.Her colour is also very slowly returning to normal.She asked me to say a big thank you for all the good wishes from PoN. Also whilst I was there I was again asked to go to the relatives waiting room,this time so a team of Physios could attend to her.When I was allowed back the main physio  told me they had sat @GrannyPie up, sitting on the edge of her bed, doing a few simple exercises and she was really pleased with the way she had applied herself.I was really pleased too because I thought it might be a bit too much too soon. for her..So all in all another day of positive progress

Supporter+

That’s great news @super_ram it’s good she’s eating and has her appetite and also good that they are getting her moving, they like to get people up and about as soon as possible, it’s not good lying in bed unless there’s absolutely no choice.

Lets hope she continues the progress and is back home again soon.

2 hours ago, super_ram said:

She asked me to say a big thank you for all the good wishes from PoN

Tell Granny Pie to come back stronger, we miss those walking sticks of hers and keeping people inline. :)

It's good to read she's improving.

I wish her a speedy recovery.

Technically I am a night in front of this post but I am sat in my office right now.

I should be watching the CCTV to see if I notice anything but nothing ever happens, the odd time a homeless person will attempt to wonder in to rest for the night but usually that's the most exciting thing I have to deal with. In 18 minutes I need to do a perimeter walk which takes about 20 minutes itself to do, after checking and recording all the steps I have to take.

My job can be painstakingly boring but it's good pay, easy to do and it's like sitting at home.

Archived