Gareth Southgate.. have you changed your mind

Magic magpie

So Southgate lead England to the best finish for England in the World Cup in over two decades. He has an approach on bring youth through seems to be working as we beat Spain 3-2 in a blockbuster of a game. 

But my question has he done enough to change your mind about him being the manager.?

Yes, I didn't think he would be able to change the national side.

I thought the decision would have only been a temporary fix if anything, however Gareth Southgate has proven that he's more than capable. He's doing well, yes the players are inconsistent at times but this will come with experience and time.

I'm pleased and encouraged so far.

Southgate's England squad reunited the nation, it's just a shame that the pointless games have been added with that league thing.

At the minute yes I have with likes of Gerrard and Lampard etc retireing some one needed to bring the young ones through and Southgate has done that but he will need time to mould the new Gerrard and Lampard even Beckham. Where Hodgeson went for names over talent and age where Gareth don’t he believes in the youth and the future which is a risky business. But he has stuck to his guns and believes he can create the New England in to the era.

Supporter+

Well I was willing to give him a chance and I think he’s exceeded my expectations, I love the fact that the youngsters are coming through now it was time for a shake up and these young uns look hungry for success I’m very confident at the moment.

i always would give any england manager time and i said at the time his experience with the u21's could sort out the main england squad. i think any future england manager should start with the u21's because it shows how they learn and by time they are senior players they have a good relationship with the manager.

the england setup can only improve further with gareth southgate.

I think there's still things Gareth Southgate needs to prove.

He needs to qualify for the Euro's and do well in that, if he fails to reach the semi finals it could be a disaster somewhat but I am pleased with how things are going. His squads are balanced and don't favour the bigger teams.

There's still things he must do before he has proven anyone wrong that doubted him.

He's doing well, don't get me wrong but he needs to show the World Cup wasn't down to luck that it was due to hard work and spirit. Doing well in the next major competition would be the point where my own mind will be completely changed.

I never had a negative opinion of him, so he's not had to prove me wrong.

So there's nothing in my mind that's changed about him as a manager, however my opinion of England has changed since he's taken charge. I believe and I am encouraged by the young three lions. I think the national side is moving in the right direction for once.

15 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

I never had a negative opinion of him, so he's not had to prove me wrong.

So there's nothing in my mind that's changed about him as a manager, however my opinion of England has changed since he's taken charge. I believe and I am encouraged by the young three lions. I think the national side is moving in the right direction for once.

It’s Great to hear this mate so many including me were sceptical .. but I thought there would be one person who kept the faith 👍🏻👍🏻💯💯💯😊

I didn't think he would do well but I always wanted him to succeed.

I don't want England to fail because I do hope that I will see them win something worthy in my life time and like others have said, Gareth has given me that hope. If we keep the best experienced players and keep introducing younger prospects I think England can do well.

Archived