Daily chat thread - Thursday 18th October

Supporter+

Good morning PoN it’s a bit nippy and dark out there as I write this at 7am.

At last the settee as picked up yesterday by two very jolly chaps from Treetops Hospice, it’s a good well made settee which cost a packet when we bought it so hopefully it does someone some good and has a few more years in it yet.

Today I might go for a run I’ve not been since last Saturday as I’ve not felt 100% but I need to get out running.

Have a great day everyone.

Felt really rough this morning and struggled to get to work. However I am not a person to call in sick even If I am knocking on deaths door. I just grit my teeth and get on with it. Working in an around Derby today in a place called Willington. 

Came home and started watching some Youtube.

Just chilling out now until I go Swimming later at Water Meadows where I am looking to get back into shape and fitness as I was a swimmer for 9 years. I have never officially quit but I have not been in the pool properly for over a year now. Going witrh a few people that are in the same boat as me at the moment who used to swim but have lost fitness and discovered beer and girls :D haha. 

I went to see @GrannyPie with @cheeky~k8 and @super_ram.

She's doing better, her skin is less red but it's still very concerning. The positives are that she seems more responsive and happier, which I will take any day but the fact she gasps for air at times it does concern me - especially when her nose tube which provides her oxygen tends to always come away. Super will be able to give a better update but it's slow progress in my eyes, it's good and I'm confident she's well on the road to recovery.

Just mindful that so far nobody seems to understand why she's taken so ill.

Aside from this I worked on PON in the morning, I feel very well today - complete opposite to yesterday.

In a short while I need to go into town to get Ava some new shoes, she's shot up a lot recently and her trainers no longer fit. After that I am hoping I can surprise Granny Pie as she told me she misses the children and I think a visit may just be the thing to encourage her a little. 

@Chris Thankyou for the update bro I hope she improves mate she is a truly is a wonderful women. @super_ram hope your keeping well. 

Today I went to town to get my dad birthday present and card and to start my Christmas shopping. 

Then came home and had a chat with Pete a family member I’m training in regards to cooking. 

Made tea and enjoyed it, did some Pon pasting bit of tv will have a chat with @Chris later but a good day really. 

5 hours ago, Chris said:

I went to see @GrannyPie with @cheeky~k8 and @super_ram.

She's doing better, her skin is less red but it's still very concerning. The positives are that she seems more responsive and happier, which I will take any day but the fact she gasps for air at times it does concern me - especially when her nose tube which provides her oxygen tends to always come away. Super will be able to give a better update but it's slow progress in my eyes, it's good and I'm confident she's well on the road to recovery.

Just mindful that so far nobody seems to understand why she's taken so ill.

She's got an infected blister on her right foot and she had an adverse reaction to the tablets that were prescribed before going to hospital.,as well as the infection initionally worsening.Doctors and medical staff had been informed of @GrannyPie's allergy to penicillin,aspirin and other drugs and tried something different .,which unfortunately she was also allergic to.This has now been sorted but she is now left fighting both the infection and the allergic reaction.Her skin is very slowly returning to normal as the 'wrong medication' is being eliminated from her body.Her blood pressure stabilised for much longer today and her blood sugar levels continue their slow journey back  to  normality.

After @cheeky~k8 and @ Chris left this afternoon the physio team again attended @GrannyPie .They were going to put her in  a chair after  doing a few exercises but they decided  against this as  @GrannyPie has got a few sores (not bed sores).Her skin does look less blotchy and more normal though.

Once again a very slight improvement.

After a trip into the city centre, I went to surprise Granny Pie with my gang.

As we arrived she was sleeping after eating what I think was ice cream, she woke up about 7 minutes later. Looked at me and said "What's wrong." 😆 I said nothing, and that it wasn't the way to greet me (in a joking way). She then asked me why I was there again, I coughed and Jake said hello.

She then tuned out for a few seconds, looked upset and then the biggest smile came to her face when she realised that Ava, Ellie and Jake had gone to visit her.

Supporter+
4 minutes ago, Chris said:

After a trip into the city centre, I went to surprise Granny Pie with my gang.

As we arrived she was sleeping after eating what I think was ice cream, she woke up about 7 minutes later. Looked at me and said "What's wrong." 😆 I said nothing, and that it wasn't the way to greet me (in a joking way). She then asked me why I was there again, I coughed and Jake said hello.

She then tuned out for a few seconds, looked upset and then the biggest smile came to her face when she realised that Ava, Ellie and Jake had gone to visit her.

Aw, that’s lovely, grandchildren can always bring a smile to grandparents, ours always do for us we love to see them and it sounds like @GrannyPie is the same, well done @Chris for making the effort.

Supporter+

I went for my run this morning along the canal, I was a bit dubious about going because I’ve not felt too good lately but I did well, a 5k run in 33 minutes which is about average for me so I’m happy with that.

Later we had a walk to the florist to order some flowers to be sent to a friend who has just lost her father and is going through a bad time, I hope they cheer her up a bit.

Tea tonight was a strange concoction we fancied a tuna pasta bake but we are on a no carb diet so pasta is a no no, instead Mrs Big Tone did an aubergine and tuna bake which was actually very good and warranted a nice glass of white wine to wash it down.

Tonight we watched a bit of telly we’d recorded, then started watching a programme which followed ambulance drivers on their day to day work but to be honest it was depressing so we switched off and read instead.

Archived