Daily chat thread - Saturday 20th October

Supporter+

Good morning PoN it’s been another cold night with a minimum overnight low of 3 degrees.

I’m up early again I set the alarm for 7 am because I’m doing the park run today but I always wake up earlier so no need for the alarm this morning it was 6.15am, the trouble is I’ll be dropping asleep tonight when I want to watch match of the day.

I’ll be doing the park run on my own today as my son is travelling to the States for a conference, it’ll be cold so I’ll wear my leggings.

Later I’ll be listening to Notts on the radio hoping for another win.

In yesterday’s daily chat thread @CliftonMagpie suggested opening up the discussion to include world affairs not just personal things, I agree, the concept of a daily chat thread is to discuss anything under the sun so please feel free to discuss what you like in here but perhaps steer clear of politics for the sake of harmony and of course football related chat should go in the appropriate section.

So come on folks get chatting, let’s keep the “community feel” going, pretend your chatting over the garden fence to your neighbour. 😂

3 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

I am up early...... heart with be at Bury, but body will be at The Peoples March in London

Credit to you my friend. Bet the coverage will be limited on the news though as the mainstream will have been told to ignore it.

Hope the turnout is good and the weather holds.

Supporter+

Well my heart will be at Bury and the people’s march but my body will be in the armchair listening to the radio commentary. 🤣

Supporter+
41 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

Got in the caravan on our week break away after a very early start by train. We will be going out again soon to enjoy the rest of the day.

Enjoy your break @cheeky~k8

6 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Enjoy your break @cheeky~k8

Thanks tony... We will make the best of it like we normally do. I just wish grannypie didnt go in hospital again whilst we are away. Loved the sunny weather in may here and now enjoying the quietness of october. I just love the beach and the sea more than anything.

@GrannyPie update - I was accompanied by @Magic magpie 's mum on my visit  to see @GrannyPie today. She said she felt a little bit better today and the nurse looking after her was pleased she'd had something to eat- soup.She was more alert  and didn't fall asleep until we'd been with her for almost all the afternoon visit time.Her skin looked ever so slightly more normal too.We managed a video phone link up with @Chris while we were there and this was a lovely surprise for granny as she was able to see and speak to @super_pie,Ellie and Ava(plus  @Chris and @cheeky~k8)

While we were sitting with @GrannyPie the consultant did his rounds.He updated us with the  next  plan for her treatment now that she is more stable.I told him we'd been here before with a bad reaction to drugs administered and he asked me what had caused it before.I told him I didn't know as I wasn't told despite several requests.I also told him I'd given all this information to the female doctor last Sunday.He wasn't very happy with this and went on to ask when @GrannyPie had this previous reaction.I told him and an assistant who had a laptop with her was ordered to check back  to see what had been done 2 years ago.The consultant thanked me and said I'd been a big help and that he would be looking to take advantage of the previous treatment.I'm visiting again tomorrow afternoon and I'm hoping for further improvement.

8 minutes ago, super_ram said:

@GrannyPie update - I was accompanied by @Magic magpie 's mum on my visit  to see @GrannyPie today. She said she felt a little bit better today and the nurse looking after her was pleased she'd had something to eat- soup.She was more alert  and didn't fall asleep until we'd been with her for almost all the afternoon visit time.Her skin looked ever so slightly more normal too.We managed a video phone link up with @Chris while we were there and this was a lovely surprise for granny as she was able to see and speak to @super_pie,Ellie and Ava(plus  @Chris and @cheeky~k8)

While we were sitting with @GrannyPie the consultant did his rounds.He updated us with the  next  plan for her treatment now that she is more stable.I told him we'd been here before with a bad reaction to drugs administered and he asked me what had caused it before.I told him I didn't know as I wasn't told despite several requests.I also told him I'd given all this information to the female doctor last Sunday.He wasn't very happy with this and went on to ask when @GrannyPie had this previous reaction.I told him and an assistant who had a laptop with her was ordered to check back  to see what had been done 2 years ago.The consultant thanked me and said I'd been a big help and that he would be looking to take advantage of the previous treatment.I'm visiting again tomorrow afternoon and I'm hoping for further improvement.

I’m glad she is felling a little bit better @super_ram one day at a time now trying different things I’m sure she will be back home with you all soon. Mum mentioned that @Chris phoned @GrannyPie which was a lovely thing to do. Look after  @super_ram or I’ll nip round with a forest flag 😉😉wouldnt  want that. 

Archived