Daily chat thread - Monday 22nd October

Supporter+

Good morning, it’s still dark but dry I think at the moment, the minimum overnight low was 4.1 degrees so a bit chilly out there to start the day.

I see the EU are talking about not changing the clocks and EU countries are to decide which time they want to use winter or summer, although we are due to leave the EU this will happen whilst we are still bound by their rules. Should be interesting.

Today we are going to do a big shop at Lidl and later pick up grandsons George and Freddie from school, give them their tea and put them to bed so that their mum can go to her choir practice while dad is in the States at a conference.

@super_ram thanks for yesterday’s update on @GrannyPie‘s progress, I hope they can treat her skin complaint in Nottingham rather than transfer her to Birmingham, it’s going to be a bit difficult for visiting to say the least. Give her our love when you see her.

@Chris @cheeky~k8 @super_pie and family, I hope the sun is shining for you at Skeggy so you don’t have to spend too many pennies in the arcades.

Have a great day everyone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11643098

I am in favour of NOT putting the clocks back in October. There was an interesting discussion on the radio the other week...when it was discussed in Parliament back then, they voted to return to putting the clocks back in October due to an increase in accidents in the early morning. However, the major fact that wasn't presented to Parliament, was that there were 3 times less accidents in the early evening.

43 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11643098

I am in favour of NOT putting the clocks back in October. There was an interesting discussion on the radio the other week...when it was discussed in Parliament back then, they voted to return to putting the clocks back in October due to an increase in accidents in the early morning. However, the major fact that wasn't presented to Parliament, was that there were 3 times less accidents in the early evening.

You would think there are more important issues in the world than voting about clocks going forwards or backwards? Worlds gone mad ... seems like we're coming up with stuff for politicians to do now. Just my opinion. I do value my vote though and whenever there are local elections or GE's then I make sure I get out to vote.  

First day off of my holiday I booked off. I am not going anywhere but just decided to take a week off. Today I am not doing much. Just chilling and watching some TV series I think.

But have a good day everyone :) 

@GrannyPie update -I phoned the hospital earlier this morning and spoke to the ward sister.They're still waiting on a decision so things are a bit up in the air.I was told though that @GrannyPie had eaten some breakfast and was very chatty when she was awake.I've been told I will be updated when there is any news.sigh!

56 minutes ago, samwatto2008 said:

You would think there are more important issues in the world than voting about clocks going forwards or backwards? Worlds gone mad ... seems like we're coming up with stuff for politicians to do now. Just my opinion. I do value my vote though and whenever there are local elections or GE's then I make sure I get out to vote.  

First day off of my holiday I booked off. I am not going anywhere but just decided to take a week off. Today I am not doing much. Just chilling and watching some TV series I think.

But have a good day everyone :) 

@samwatto2008 ...this was a Parliamentary vote back then...but it is relevant today... Just think about how much electricity costs  from lighting that could be saved with that extra hour of daylight and then there is the cost savings to the NHS, with potentially  3x as many car accident injuries not going to the A&E at the local hospital.

That's why I am in favour of not putting the clocks back in October

2 hours ago, super_ram said:

@GrannyPie update -I phoned the hospital earlier this morning and spoke to the ward sister.They're still waiting on a decision so things are a bit up in the air.I was told though that @GrannyPie had eaten some breakfast and was very chatty when she was awake.I've been told I will be updated when there is any news.sigh!

Fingers crossed @super_ram

So today will be doing a weekly food shop something I enjoy doing. 

Making some dinner later not sure what And sorting out some food for a family get together not sure what we are doing. 

Some Pon posting and watching crap tv as always. maybe some other cooking trialing stuff senhow I feel.

Today we have been on and off the beach, went to ingoldmells and enjoyed the walk along the beach. 

Speaking to grannypie earlier to see how she was, was nice too as its good to catch up with her and get an update whilst we can't be there.

@GrannyPie Monday late extra update- I had to phone QMC at 11.45 to see if she would still be there if I visited.I was told no decision had been made but if I went 1PM -3 3PM she'd still be there.Anyway she was much more alert today and didn't even look  like falling asleep while I was there.A real positive was that her face and upper body skin appears almost normal-a definite improvement.After I'd been with her about half an hour a nurse approached us and asked if @GrannyPie would like her hair tidying  as it was getting tangled and knotted.Next thing a hospital hairdresser appeared with her box of tricks.It was an education watching the hairdresser and a nurse improvise a way to wash and drain the water away off @GrannyPie's hair without soaking the bed or interfering with all the tubes attached to her.Amazingly the hairdresser soon combed out granny's hair and with minimal trimming.Then granny turned to me and said "Pay for me ,please"Only 15 quid.As soon as the hairdresser had dried her hair several nurses appeared to change her nightie and bedding.After all this @GrannyPie said she felt much more comfortable and she looked better too.Inbetween all this we had a phone/video link up from @Chrisand the gang and a call from @william1984and his gang which cheered granny up even more.So definitely  the best she's been since her reaction.I still don't know what's happening re Birmingham so unless I get a call  I'll be phoning them again tomorrow morning.

Archived