Daily chat thread - Wednesday 24th October

Supporter+

Good morning PoN I hope we are all ok, apart from the result last night of course. WE WUZ ROBBED but we’ll leave that discussion for elsewhere on the forum.

Its a cloudy start but fairly mild, today we are going clothes shopping in preparation for our cruise in a few weeks time, Mrs Big Tone wants to go to Alfreton and then we’re moving on to McCarther Glen at Junction 28, so that’ll be fun...NOT. 

Firework season seems to have started early this year with several loud bangs going off last night round here I really wish they’d ban the sale of these things except for organised displays or at least limit the noise they can make it’s getting ridiculous. A friend of ours has a dog which goes into a frenzy at this time of year so they have to go away for the period around bonfire night for the sake of the poor dog.

Right time for breakfast I hope you all have a good day.

It's lovely here ,a blue sky with a few fluffy white clouds ,a light breeze and quite mild for the end of October.I'm meeting up with @Magic magpie's mum after dinner to go and visit @GrannyPie.The visiting times in the ward granny's been moved to start an hour later (2.30) than the ward she was in but this is far better than having to go to Birmingham.Will be watching The Rams tonight and praying we get a better ref than Notts did last night.

3 hours ago, super_ram said:

It's lovely here ,a blue sky with a few fluffy white clouds ,a light breeze and quite mild for the end of October.I'm meeting up with @Magic magpie's mum after dinner to go and visit @GrannyPie.The visiting times in the ward granny's been moved to start an hour later (2.30) than the ward she was in but this is far better than having to go to Birmingham.Will be watching The Rams tonight and praying we get a better ref than Notts did last night.

My mum was looking forward to seeing yourself @super_ram and @GrannyPie the weather isn’t bad hope @GrannyPie is better than yesterday and hopefully Derby do get a result for you @super_ram.

My lot have gone on Fantasy Island today, it's madness that they have upped the price if you want to enjoy the Halloween attractions. That said, it's been a lovely day so far.

The weather all week has been like this, you can wear just a t-shirt and shorts easily.

Ava loves going on the bigger rides.

This is her second time but she's big enough for most of them now. Well the kid ones.

59 minutes ago, Chris said:

My lot have gone on Fantasy Island today, it's madness that they have upped the price if you want to enjoy the Halloween attractions. That said, it's been a lovely day so far.

The weather all week has been like this, you can wear just a t-shirt and shorts easily.

Ava loves going on the bigger rides.

This is her second time but she's big enough for most of them now. Well the kid ones.

Very jealous! We don't get there until friday night for the week. Did you go to the firework display mate? Price has gone through the roof there hasn't it? Is it worth the major increase? (not that we won't take ours next week! Cost is irrelevant to seeing the smiles!)

Today as chris said we have been on fantasy island. It was a very enjoyable day. We was there all day until it closed. The kids really loved it. All the halloween looked good but i wouldnt say its worth the £5 price rise if you choose a wristband with those attractions added as it now also says you can only go in them once unlike the other rides which is unlimited.

We then went into skegness for some tea and abit of food shopping.

Well @Magic magpie's mum and myself visited @GrannyPieand I'm pleased to report significant improvement.The tubes in her neck and the  monitoring attachments have all been removed.Her skin continues to improve and the swelling of her hands is going down with their colour now being Sunderland rather than that horrible red.She's definitely getting back to normal as she told me off for something or other.I'm very pleased he way things are going.The nurses  were all pleased too .The next milestone will be getting her out of bed and sitting in a chair for a while.Not a bad day today(or tonight)

1 minute ago, super_ram said:

Well @Magic magpie's mum and myself visited @GrannyPieand I'm pleased to report significant improvement.The tubes in her neck and the  monitoring attachments have all been removed.Her skin continues to improve and the swelling of her hands is going down with their colour now being Sunderland rather than that horrible red.She's definitely getting back to normal as she told me off for something or other.I'm very pleased he way things are going.The nurses  were all pleased too .The next milestone will be getting her out of bed and sitting in a chair for a while.Not a bad day today(or tonight)

@super_ram that’s great news somgld she is making progress day by day my mum said it was lovely to see @GrannyPie and fantastic to see improving. Onwards and upwards so hopefully the milestone will be reached love to @GrannyPie

Supporter+

@super_ram if @GrannyPie is telling you off then she’s definitely on the mend 😂

We went shopping for clothes today Mrs Big Tone got some trousers and some new shoes and all I got was a new belt. 😒

On the way back we popped into the pet shop and bought some tropical fish for our tank some sailfin black mollies, some Dalmatian mollies and some silver mollies, you can tell I like mollies can’t you.

Catching up with PoN now before bed.

40 minutes ago, super_ram said:

Great news about grannypie again, cant wait to see her. Those visiting hours are awkward though because that means we'll now have to go after school to visit her only.

9 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

Great news about grannypie again, cant wait to see her. Those visiting hours are awkward though because that means we'll now have to go after school to visit her only.

Yes 2.30 -8.30. and me and @Magic magpie's mum left about 3.45 as @GrannyPie fell asleep after being given some painkiller and the traffic on Derby Road and Middleton Boulevard was already building up to a virtual standstill.

Just now, super_ram said:

Yes 2.30 -8.30. and me and @Magic magpie's mum left about 3.45 as @GrannyPie fell asleep after being given some painkiller and the traffic on Derby Road and Middleton Boulevard was already building up to a virtual standstill.

@cheeky~k8 if you need me to watch the kids or pick them up while you see @GrannyPie no problem just let me know 

2 minutes ago, super_ram said:

We will still be going, it just seems silly that it doesnt start till 2.30pm. traffic is worse earlier in the school holidays. There was alot of traffic here in ingoldmells today as there was a small police road closure for some reason.

Archived