Daily chat thread - Thursday 25th October

Supporter+

Good morning PoN it’s a dry start and a bit chilly.

Yours truly committed a faux pas last night, we always have a coffee around 8pm at night and so it doesn’t keep us awake we normally put decaf in the machine except last night yours truly put caffeinated in it instead so we’ve been awake half the night unable to sleep. :doh:

Not much happening today but later tonight we are hosting the monthly meeting of our support group for people bereaved by suicide, hopefully there won’t be many new members.

Whatever you are doing I hope you have a good day.

I know that feeling @FanOfBigTone had a good night sleep last night, but Tuesday night, was awful, awake at 12, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 4.30 think i was soooo angry at that ref at our game at MK, it really got to me. Anyway think i finally slept from 5. til 8.10am Horrible isn't it when you can't sleep. 

I'm off to visit @GrannyPie shortly.I'm hoping for further improvement especially with her hands.I'll get her predictions while I'm there.

5 hours ago, super_ram said:

I'm off to visit @GrannyPie shortly.I'm hoping for further improvement especially with her hands.I'll get her predictions while I'm there.

Wish @GrannyPie all the best @super_ram hopefully there will be further improvements today .. hopefully my mum if it’s ok with you will come and see @GrannyPie with you tomorrow.

Not a very good today .. woke up and my sky box broken don’t know what happened to it so had to get it replaced with the spare box we have. phoned up sky that took a hour because all the people answer the phones don’t have a clue and it still don’t work properly. Then my DVD player broke not a great day made dinner now relaxing watching some classic the Bill and some Pon posting. 

@GrannyPie update.Visited again this afto.She was asleep when I arrived but the nurse told me to wake her up.Surprisingly she responded immediately when I spoke to her,really alert and chirpy.I was just beginning to update her when @Chrisphoned and we had another video/phone linkup from Skeggy beach.This further cheered granny up, especially when she was told to look on the beach.The grandkids had written several messages in the sand to us.I'm pleased to say  granny's hands have continued to lose the horrible redness and moved on from Sunderland  to nearer a Rams shirt colour..Another positive visit!

Supporter+
2 hours ago, super_ram said:

@GrannyPie update.Visited again this afto.She was asleep when I arrived but the nurse told me to wake her up.Surprisingly she responded immediately when I spoke to her,really alert and chirpy.I was just beginning to update her when @Chrisphoned and we had another video/phone linkup from Skeggy beach.This further cheered granny up, especially when she was told to look on the beach.The grandkids had written several messages in the sand to us.I'm pleased to say  granny's hands have continued to lose the horrible redness and moved on from Sunderland  to nearer a Rams shirt colour..Another positive visit!

That’s brilliant @super_ram I love the idea of messages in the sand, your grandchildren obviously have a great relationship with you and @GrannyPie that’s great to hear, it’s not only good for grandparents but for the kids as well. My one regret in life is that I never really knew my grandparents, my dads parents had died and so had my mum’s mother (my grandmother) my grandad lived in London so I saw him very rarely and have no real memories, I feel I missed out on so much. That’s why I want to have a close relationship with my grandchildren as you have with yours.

Today we went for a walk along the beach and played on it quite abit. As superram said we spoke to him and grannypie on the beach. We went in the arcade for abit. Bought a new suitcase as the one we came with broke on the way to the caravan. Then had a good walk along the beach to winthorpe and back.

Archived