Daily chat thread - Friday 26th October

Supporter+

Good morning PoN it’s another bright morning but a bit nippy.

It’ll be a quiet day for me today not much happening, I’ll do a bit of gardening maybe, I’ve got a couple of bushes that need cutting back.

Later it’s curry night and Mrs Big Tone is cooking a lovely Chicken Biryani.

In other news I see Sinead O’Connor the Irish singer famous for the hit “Nothing Compares to you” has converted to Islam and has changed her name. I’m not a theologist but I find it very strange, presumably being Irish she was brought up as a Catholic, it’s a big change to Islam. :huh2:

5 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

In other news I see Sinead O’Connor the Irish singer famous for the hit “Nothing Compares to you” has converted to Islam and has changed her name. I’m not a theologist but I find it very strange, presumably being Irish she was brought up as a Catholic, it’s a big change to Islam.

im starting to think she does much of this to stay relevant, like britney spears did with breaking up with justin timberlake and then her 'break down'. i know this wont sound nice but some famous people cling onto to being known.

im at work again soon, just catching up with pon now.

Enjoying my last day off by just chilling, I have not been on PON this week really at all. I've been enjoying spending time with family and friends. But back to normal working next week after a week off. Looking forward to the game on Saturday and hope we can get the three points. 

3 hours ago, liampie said:

im starting to think she does much of this to stay relevant, like britney spears did with breaking up with justin timberlake and then her 'break down'. i know this wont sound nice but some famous people cling onto to being known.

im at work again soon, just catching up with pon now.

Sound about right mate .. who is she 😂😂😂only joking 

5 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Good morning PoN it’s another bright morning but a bit nippy.

It’ll be a quiet day for me today not much happening, I’ll do a bit of gardening maybe, I’ve got a couple of bushes that need cutting back.

Later it’s curry night and Mrs Big Tone is cooking a lovely Chicken Biryani.

In other news I see Sinead O’Connor the Irish singer famous for the hit “Nothing Compares to you” has converted to Islam and has changed her name. I’m not a theologist but I find it very strange, presumably being Irish she was brought up as a Catholic, it’s a big change to Islam. :huh2:

You lucky thing you can’t beat a curry mrs Tony dose look after you mate bless her.😂😂

Supporter+
1 hour ago, Magic magpie said:

You lucky thing you can’t beat a curry mrs Tony dose look after you mate bless her.😂😂

She's a keeper alright mate. :thumbsup:

@GrannyPie update- I visited today and @Magic magpie's mum came wth me.Again further improvement with granny's skin.Her hands are no longer swollen and are almost completely rid of any pinkishness.Later we were spoken to by the therapy/physio team who are hoping to get granny sitting in a chair after the weekend..The equipment to help lift granny and the chair were ordered with the chair actually arriving just as we left.With a bit of luck the physio's will start helping granny stand sometime next week.Fingers crossed just a couple of weeks and she'll be home.

12 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

She seems to be a bit  of an oddbod bird, what with having a shaven head,ripping up a photo of the pope and saying she bats for both sides inspite of being married several times,I think @liampiehas a point

35 minutes ago, super_ram said:

@GrannyPie update- I visited today and @Magic magpie's mum came wth me.Again further improvement with granny's skin.Her hands are no longer swollen and are almost completely rid of any pinkishness.Later we were spoken to by the therapy/physio team who are hoping to get granny sitting in a chair after the weekend..The equipment to help lift granny and the chair were ordered with the chair actually arriving just as we left.With a bit of luck the physio's will start helping granny stand sometime next week.Fingers crossed just a couple of weeks and she'll be home.

Fantastic new @super_ram so glad that each day there is a improvement hopefully she will be home soon. My mum said it was great to see @GrannyPie and great to see the improvement. 

Supporter+
1 hour ago, super_ram said:

She seems to be a bit  of an oddbod bird, what with having a shaven head,ripping up a photo of the pope and saying she bats for both sides inspite of being married several times,I think @liampiehas a point

“Bats for both sides” :rollonfloorlaughing: Love it.

1 hour ago, super_ram said:

That’s more good news, thanks for the update @super_ram I bet you’ll be glad to have her back home. 

9 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

That’s more good news, thanks for the update @super_ram I bet you’ll be glad to have her back home. 

Yes,I've only had the telly or radio for company with' the lodgers'being in Skeg.I've especially missed Harry all week and of course Jake and the girls too today.

Archived