Daily chat thread - Saturday 27th October

Supporter+

Good morning PoN it’s a bit brass monkeys out there, according to my weather gadget the temperature dropped to 2.2 degrees overnight but the sun is just starting to rise as I write this so hopefully it’ll warm up a bit soon.

No park run for me today, I’ll miss it but we will be busy getting ready for the table top sale we’ve organised it starts at 12, I’m a bit worried in case no buyers turn up but a friend says he go out and drag people in if necessary. I’m sure it’ll be fine though.

No match for me today but I’ll be keeping tabs on my phone, after the table top sale we are picking up our eldest grandchildren and taking them for a pizza then they are staying with us for the weekend.

Have a great day whatever you are doing and COME ON YOU PIES!!

Yes, its deffo a bit brass monkeys out there, people here reporting snow in Buxton and my friend in York has posted a video of it snowing up there. Anyways got a match to go to today, at last, so folks get ya long johns and winter woollies out ya'll need em. COYP

The nice lady who we rented the caravan has kindly allowed us to leave the suitcases right until we leave as there's nobody coming in now after us. Our train tickets quite late and I dislocated my right knee walking the other night, so I am thankful. I didn't go hospital before anyone asks, not because I'm soldiering on or worried about ruining the remaining few days but because I've done this more times than you can imagine.

Thankfully Kate managed to help me pop it back in within a few minutes.

I'm alright, so there's no need to worry @GrannyPie *cough *cough @super_ram.

Today's the first miserable day since we arrived, so at this time of year we can't complain.

1 hour ago, magpiejue said:

Yes, its deffo a bit brass monkeys out there, people here reporting snow in Buxton and my friend in York has posted a video of it snowing up there. Anyways got a match to go to today, at last, so folks get ya long johns and winter woollies out ya'll need em. COYP

Yes,put Radio Derby on and they reported snow all around Buxton area,definitely a bit parky here too.I'll be visiting @GrannyPie later this afto  after early kick-off Boro v Rams match..Good luck Maggies,hope you get a decent ref today

4 hours ago, Chris said:

The nice lady who we rented the caravan has kindly allowed us to leave the suitcases right until we leave as there's nobody coming in now after us. Our train tickets quite late and I dislocated my right knee walking the other night, so I am thankful. I didn't go hospital before anyone asks, not because I'm soldiering on or worried about ruining the remaining few days but because I've done this more times than you can imagine.

Today's the first miserable day since we arrived, so at this time of year we can't complain.

That’s great news mate I said on Tuesday it be good if she did 👍🏻 Hopefully you have had a good week off and your knee is ok mate 

So today unfortunately I’m not at meadow lane Today but plenty to keep me occupied. 

Nipped to asda with my mum and my auntie to pick some drink and food for tomorrow nights family drinks. 

Have to do some prep for the buffet tomorrow as everything I do is fresh be making dinner and may be watching football not to sure at the minute. 

Supporter+
10 hours ago, Chris said:

Honestly @Chris I don’t know how you cope with that dislocating problem mate, glad you had a good holiday though you deserve it.

36 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Honestly @Chris I don’t know how you cope with that dislocating problem mate, glad you had a good holiday though you deserve it.

I didn't really at first, you get used to it. The pains the worst thing because you can't ever feel it as something normal, even on painkillers it just numbs it or makes it easier to manage. I cope well, just something that I have to deal with but I refuse to let it ruin my life.

Thanks for the supportive messages folks.

Archived