Match Discussion: Game 17 - The Valiants (A)

PON_News

Game 17 - The Valiants (A)

Team: Port Vale

Date: 03/11/18

Where: Vale Park

What line-up should Harry Kewell opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

This a an important game just two point of the relagation zone after we have fourght so hard to get up the league table. 

We need to go in to the game with confidence and the

defence need to be on the right mind set we need to score first but it won’t be easy Port Vale will be a hard side to break down so confidence and team work clearly the key here. 

Harry possibility may need to change a few things maybe formation or rotate the squad. 

The more we don’t rotate the more the players on the bench will be disenchanted.

• Chris featured this topic

I have a bad feeling about the game, I just can't see how anything positive can come from it and those games some think Notts will smash seem to be the ones the team most struggle to play.

I honestly feel at this stage for Harry Kewell it's all about his understanding and preparation.

I have noticed he's not banging on about the match fitness, as we can see that it's lifted - no the pressures back on him it's all down to the players and 'laziness'.

Well I think we have to focus on being much stronger but the game plan should be very simply, the squad selection should represent those who are willing to take instructions and do whatever it takes to get a positive result. If 'some' are letting the team down, give someone else a chance. We can't be a one trick pony!

Supporter+

I'm hoping for a win and would agree with @ARLukomski's team selection. We need to start climbing the table because God forbid we are in a relegation battle at the end of the season, I can't stand that.

I can’t see me being confident in us winning a game again as long as we have Fitz in goal. He can’t command the area in any way. Can’t come/won’t come for a cross. Can’t take any ball above shoulder height. Only a matter of time before someone robs him whilst trying to dribble out of the 6 yard box. A total liability.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Truefootballfan said:

I can’t see me being confident in us winning a game again as long as we have Fitz in goal. He can’t command the area in any way. Can’t come/won’t come for a cross. Can’t take any ball above shoulder height. Only a matter of time before someone robs him whilst trying to dribble out of the 6 yard box. A total liability.

Is the right answer! For someone allegedly 6ft 3 (I have my doubts) he is unable to command his area and his judgement as to whether to stay or go is farcical at times.

As long as he has no one challenging him he won’t be on his game. Big mistake not bringing another keeper in during the summer.

This is a tough fixture but will it be the game where Notts at last get a result their recent performances deserve?

Supporter+
7 hours ago, BromPie said:

Just a win would be nice! Something positive to make the trip worthwhile.

I don't care if it's a scrappy 1-0 win, just do it.

I agree, a win, any win will do.

We just need three points, we are a very inconsistent team at the moment and nobody fears us at the moment. We need people to think ooooo bloody hell Notts County coming today, they're gonna give us an hiding. But no one thinks that at the moment because we're crap. So ... I do think it's Dennis and Hemmings time to shine as a partnership so hopefully that can happen today but I highly doubt it. 

Ill go for a boring 0-0 draw

Supporter+

Stead is out of the team injured, that’s a massive blow in my opinion. Dennis replaces him, let’s hope he takes his chance.

Supporter+

Why can’t we hold on to a lead with 3 minutes to go? Answers on a postcard.

• Like 1

Well, I don’t know where to start. Grateful we got a point I guess!

After the disappointment of last week where we should’ve won, this a game we probably should have lost. Three proper last ditch tackles a ball cleared off the line. Port Vale were wasteful and midway through the 2nd half it just felt like we were waiting for them to score. Kewell didn’t change anything and whilst we were okay in the first half it was the same old problems, standing off and anytime Port Vale got the ball in the box players were free and we panicked as per usual. We’ve pretty much got a new defence but the organisation is still not good. Alessandra and Dennis never got into the game today but it didn’t help that we gave the ball away too often.

Also 3 centre backs on the bench and two kids? Where are Jones, Husin, Crawford, Kellet and Hawkridge?

2 points off the relegation zone… 50 points looking miles away right now. Can we start the season again?

• Like 1

• Chris unfeatured this topic