Derby crash out but have nothing to be ashamed of

Magic magpie

Tonight @super_ram Frank Lampard and players and fans can hold their head up high. They may be out the Carabao cup but they went out swinging and fighting till the end. 

Chelsea took the lead through a Derby own goal by one of the Chelsea on loan youngsters of all people. 

But Derby wouldn’t lie down and went straight down the other end with Cahill slipping Derby took advantage and made it 1-1 through Jack Marriott.

But chelsea  quickly came up the park and would you believe another cruel own goal by Captain keogh to make It 2-1. 

Derby again defied the script and scored an equaliser through Waghorn, giving Chelsea a sign of the intent to not lie down and quickly go out the league cup. 

But another cruel twist saw fabregas score late in the first half  but Derby would again refuse to lose and attacked nearly scoring. 

The second half Chelsea started the more firm side looking like the premiership team they are Derby would slowly get back in to the game with with shot after and shot if not for the post Derby would have got their equaliser. 

The Rams never stopped chasing ,they defied the script of making up the number and really dug in. 

Every loose ball they chased, the players played for each other and never stopped believing they could get back into the match. 

But full time would come and Derby would crash out but to a standing ovasion from both sets of fans and by no means to be disgraced and nothing to be ashamed of. 

The rams now look to complete there return in to the premier league this season. 

Supporter+

Hard luck Derby, I didn’t see the game but sounds like they made a good game of it.

41 minutes ago, Magic magpie said:

Tonight @super_ram Frank Lampard and players and fans can hold their head up high. They may be out the Carabao cup but they went out swinging and fighting till the end. 

Chelsea took the lead through a Derby own goal by one of the Chelsea on loan youngsters of all people. 

But Derby wouldn’t lie down and went straight down the other end with Cahill slipping Derby took advantage and made it 1-1 through Jack Marriott.

But chelsea  quickly came up the park and would you believe another cruel own goal by Captain keogh to make It 2-1. 

Derby again defied the script and scored an equaliser through Waghorn, giving Chelsea a sign of the intent to not lie down and quickly go out the league cup. 

But another cruel twist saw fabregas score late in the first half  but Derby would again refuse to lose and attacked nearly scoring. 

The second half Chelsea started the more firm side looking like the premiership team they are Derby would slowly get back in to the game with with shot after and shot if not for the post Derby would have got their equaliser. 

The Rams never stopped chasing ,they defied the script of making up the number and really dug in. 

Every loose ball they chased, the players played for each other and never stopped believing they could get back into the match. 

But full time would come and Derby would crash out but to a standing ovasion from both sets of fans and by no means to be disgraced and nothing to be ashamed of. 

The rams now look to complete there return in to the premier league this season. 

4 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Hard luck Derby, I didn’t see the game but sounds like they made a good game of it.

After The Rams early season humiliating televised home defeat to Leeds I was very uncertain about how the last 4 TV Rams games would turn out .I needn't have worried.They seem to be settling into a consistently watchable ,entertaining side and they make me proud to be a Rams fan.I just wish Nots could find some similar consistency. 

8 minutes ago, super_ram said:

After The Rams early season humiliating televised home defeat to Leeds I was very uncertain about how the last 4 TV Rams games would turn out .I needn't have worried.They seem to be settling into a consistently watchable ,entertaining side and they make me proud to be a Rams fan.I just wish Nots could find some similar consistency. 

Nowt to fear @super_ram they did you proud. I stood at the end and gave them a round of applause they truly deserved. We all wish for your boys that’s for sure @super_ram

8 minutes ago, Magic magpie said:

Definitely but as a neutral I’m not gunner lie I got lost in the game bloody Fantastic game 

Can't say i wanted chelsea to win but either really wouldnt bother me too much. Just good to see a good game of football instead of a boring one or heavy defeat.

Just now, cheeky~k8 said:

Can't say i wanted chelsea to win but either really wouldnt bother me too much. Just good to see a good game of football instead of a boring one or heavy defeat.

Most definitely especially as the Carabao cup has become a bit of a joke cup .. indefinitely leened towards Derby rather than Chelsea 

6 minutes ago, Magic magpie said:

Most definitely especially as the Carabao cup has become a bit of a joke cup .. indefinitely leened towards Derby rather than Chelsea 

Alot of the cups seem quite pointless nowadays. Not many teams aim to play their best as they focus on the league.

7 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

Don't tell @super_pie that @cheeky~k8

Supporter+
1 minute ago, cheeky~k8 said:

Hes more bothered about Notts nowadays, so i might get away with it :)

Good lad @super_pie

10 minutes ago, liampie said:

hard luck @super_ram

think that own goal was disappointing but derby played very well at times.

Three consecutive home goals @liampie -! against Middlesbrough last Saturday and first two tonight.We're such a sporting side now we like to give the opposition a little help.:angel: 

1 hour ago, cheeky~k8 said:

Alot of the cups seem quite pointless nowadays. Not many teams aim to play their best as they focus on the league.

Yeah the cups seem to be for the lower league side especially the fa cup as that give none league sides the chance to play at big grounds and forfill dreams 

I'm proud of Derby.

I wished the news would stop going on about the own goals and how Frank has played his former club, honestly to me it makes it sound like they feel it's been given to Chelsea. Like the game was fixed, it's quite annoying in my opinion as I felt Derby did very well.

6 minutes ago, Chris said:

I'm proud of Derby.

I wished the news would stop going on about the own goals and how Frank has played his former club, honestly to me it makes it sound like they feel it's been given to Chelsea. Like the game was fixed, it's quite annoying in my opinion as I felt Derby did very well.

Derby gave everything they deserve more respect than people give them

Archived