Daily chat thread - 1st November

Supporter+

Good morning it’s been a bit warmer overnight with a minimum 8.7 degrees.

No trick or treaters for us last night, in fact I can’t remember ever having any since we moved here in 2011, our house is on a bit of a spur from the Main street and in the dark it’s not easy to find the gate so perhaps that’s why.

A quiet day beckons after the last few days, I’ve got some computer work to do but not much else happening here. What are you up to today?

Good luck to @LozCloughSLO who officially starts her role today!! 🎉✨🎈

I am certain Loz will do a superb job and help fans effectively communicate with the club, in the words of the 'comic book guy' (from The Simpsons) BEST SLO EVER! :D 

---

I can't sleep, so I woke up and tried to shake off my meds. I've been up since about 20 past 7, so far I still feel ill. I'm not complaining though, I just don't think the cold helps at all but I enjoyed Halloween yesterday with my family. Today, I have several things to do and I've tried to make an early start. Hopefully @super_ram can give us all an update on @GrannyPie too.

Yes ,I'll be off visiting @GrannyPie later and hoping for further progress.Meanwhile, earlier this morning our next door neighbour's landlord knocked on our door and told me there was a blockage  problem with their toilet and could he access the inspection chamber which is in our garden.He pushed about 15 yards of rods towards next door but couldn't find any obstruction in that direction and we have no problem.It seems he will have to take out next doors toilet now as the blockage is on their side.There's now a lot of banging ,drilling and scraping noises going on.I think  the landlord may have Frank Spencer  'helping' him.Ooh Betty

At work at 5:30 tonight. So I'm spending the day with @ARLukomski until I go. 

Last night was fun we went to a Halloween quiz, we came 11th, we did better than we thought we would. No trick or treaters either (more sweets for us 😂). I got a bit creative with some make up thank you @ARLukomski for letting me practice. 

Little question for people to answer: which wrestler has this face paint?  

received_298601587415076.jpeg

FB_IMG_1541028761660.jpg

Snapchat-739555082.jpg

received_246884149336832.jpeg

Supporter+

Oh my god, I opened this thread on my computer which has a large screen, the first picture came up and I nearly fell off my chair. I'm glad you didn't knock on my door last night. :joker:

There's some pretty creative stuff there well done.

@GrannyPie rang me this morning and was a bit upset because when the physios  went to see her  she was still unable to stand unaided although she did add that she coped better than yesterday and did almost manage to.When I visited this afternoon she was much more cheerful and determined,in fact I struggled to get a word in edgeways.While I was there she was told she would be getting out of bed for her tea and the lifting gear arrived..She sat in the chair for 3 hours this morning..So progress being made.A short while after I returned home @GrannyPie rang me again ,this time telling me she was being moved to E14 as they needed a bed in her ward.I think another reason for her move is that now she is much better they can give her more concentrated  physio.Anyway she was very upbeat.

Supporter+

Sounds like the physios are slowly getting Granny more mobile, won’t be long before she’s home now hopefully @super_ram I bet you’ll be glad when she is, visiting hospital every day is exhausting.

13 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Sounds like the physios are slowly getting Granny more mobile, won’t be long before she’s home now hopefully @super_ram I bet you’ll be glad when she is, visiting hospital every day is exhausting.

Visiting has got a lot easier as this week has prgressed @Fan of Big Tone,Up till Monday she was sleeping a lot on and off  and it gets very boring just sitting waiting to see if she wakes up again before I leave.Today I couldn't shut her up

Archived