Daily chat thread - Saturday 3rd November

Supporter+

Good morning folks, it’s matchday and also park run day for me, today I’m running at a new venue because the normal place isn’t doing it this week so it’ll be interesting to see if I improve my time at all.

Later I’ll be listening to Notts on the radio and praying for a good result.

I’m wondering whether it’s worth doing these daily threads as there seems to be only a few people interacting, it’s not generating the interest that I had hoped. What do folk think?

I enjoy them @Fan of Big Tone but if its causing you concern or you are struggling for time to do them then maybe make it a weekly thing and ask people about their week? I personally have been very busy and not even touched my computer this week so I've not even visited the site this week unfortunately.

Today its mine and my missus's 1 year anniversary. Got praise from her parents yesterday wondering how I had done it :D haha made me laugh. But we're off to a nice Italian tapas restaurant called Pesto at the Peacock near Alfreton. Toyed with the idea of going to the match but I am struggling for money at the moment so I thought I should get my priorities right and treat my girlfriend once in a while. Normally she gets annoyed at me going football all the time haha. 

Going to help Dad with his model railway set too this afternoon. Been meaning to put some scenic down for a while but haven't so I think were going to start decorating it this afternoon. So a nice day ahead planned and because I am not going to the match I won't feel sad about watching the performance. 

Have a good day everyone!

What are you up to @Chris @Magic magpie @super_pie @liampie ???

Supporter+

The park run was a bit of a disaster I forgot my phone which wouldn’t have been a problem except for syncing with my Fitbit but in the phone was my barcode which they use to record your time and position etc., so I don’t know the official time as officially I’m not recorded as having run. It was a pleasant course however alongside a canal then a river. Grandson George ran with his dad and recorded his PB which he was pleased about and so were we.

Now relaxing ready to listen to the match. JUST SEEN TWO MAGPIES ON THE ROOF OPPOSITE AN OMEN SURELY. COYP.

@Chris, @cheeky~k8 and the grandkids will be visiting @GrannyPie late this afternoon ,so a rest from hospital today for me. @william1984 and family arrived home from their  Skeg holiday just after midday and young Harry jumped out of the taxi and nearly knocked me over as he ran to give me a lovely cuddle.

5 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Good morning folks, it’s matchday and also park run day for me, today I’m running at a new venue because the normal place isn’t doing it this week so it’ll be interesting to see if I improve my time at all.

I’m wondering whether it’s worth doing these daily threads as there seems to be only a few people interacting, it’s not generating the interest that I had hoped. What do folk think?

I know how disheartening it can be when no-one seems interested in posts @Fan of Big Tone but please keep up your  good work.There are bound to be quiet weekdays because for a lot of members each day is similar to the day before with work,school,college,uni etc. It is nice to hear about holidays , days out and family events though.

59 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Now relaxing ready to listen to the match. JUST SEEN TWO MAGPIES ON THE ROOF OPPOSITE AN OMEN SURELY. COYP.

Funny you should mention magpies @Fan of Big ToneThey've been absent from our garden since the very hot weather but I noticed one again on Thursday morning and later when I went to visit granny at the QMC there were several on the grass near the Clifton Boulevard entrance,So after not seeing any for a while they seem to be everywhere.I hope this IS a good omen

5 hours ago, samwatto2008 said:

I enjoy them @Fan of Big Tone but if its causing you concern or you are struggling for time to do them then maybe make it a weekly thing and ask people about their week? I personally have been very busy and not even touched my computer this week so I've not even visited the site this week unfortunately.

Today its mine and my missus's 1 year anniversary. Got praise from her parents yesterday wondering how I had done it :D haha made me laugh. But we're off to a nice Italian tapas restaurant called Pesto at the Peacock near Alfreton. Toyed with the idea of going to the match but I am struggling for money at the moment so I thought I should get my priorities right and treat my girlfriend once in a while. Normally she gets annoyed at me going football all the time haha. 

Going to help Dad with his model railway set too this afternoon. Been meaning to put some scenic down for a while but haven't so I think were going to start decorating it this afternoon. So a nice day ahead planned and because I am not going to the match I won't feel sad about watching the performance. 

Congratulations to you and your girl friend @samwatto2008 from me and @GrannyPie.Hope you both have a great time.

Your post about going to The Peacock brought back many happy memories for me.When I was a  young lad my parents often took my sister and me for walks on Summer Sunday nights and The Peacock was a frequent destination.A bottle of pop and a bag of crisps each, magic !Then in my teens and early twenties me and my mates would take an early evening walk to Oakerthorpe and have a mini pub crawl-The Peacock,then up to The Anchor and back down to The Butchers Arms before catching a bus back to Alfreton for a few more pints.Did you know Dick Turpin the highwayman is supposed to have stopped off at The Peacock on his way to York.There was also a tunnel supposedly dug from the pub towards nearby Wingfield Manor in an attempt to release  Mary Queen of Scots  who was imprisoned there .

Supporter+

I was hoping to be drinking this after a win but I can’t wait months so cheers everyone.

44B972CD-4831-4172-A9DC-DA6B95071643.jpeg

Long day for me.

Another day where I was woken by tools who are pushing their luck with trespassing but this will be dealt with soon.

I took Jake to his friends house.

Then travelled to Arnold, looked around the shops there and then soon had to fetch Jake.

After we went to see Granny Pie who’s looking like her usual self. I was surprised to see her sitting up all happy too.

14 hours ago, samwatto2008 said:

Congratulations to you both buddy have a fantastic day mate enjoy your night out  to.

17 minutes ago, Chris said:

Long day for me.

Another day where I was woken by tools who are pushing their luck with trespassing but this will be dealt with soon.

I took Jake to his friends house.

Then travelled to Arnold, looked around the shops there and then soon had to fetch Jake.

After we went to see Granny Pie who’s looking like her usual self. I was surprised to see her sitting up all happy too.

Fantastic news glad @GrannyPie is feeling better mate. 

Thise tools will be sorted soon enough mate.

16 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I would keep things as there it’s always nice to know how people are spending there day. 👍🏻

Not a great day unfortunately but feel a bit better than yesterday which is always a bonus. 

Went to asda to escape the house then came back and watched the United match with my dad.

Missed the county as I fell asleep but saw the score .. don’t know what to think if I’m honest. 

Just watching two pints at the moment some classic comedy always makes me smile. 

9 hours ago, super_ram said:

Funny you should mention magpies @Fan of Big ToneThey've been absent from our garden since the very hot weather but I noticed one again on Thursday morning and later when I went to visit granny at the QMC there were several on the grass near the Clifton Boulevard entrance,So after not seeing any for a while they seem to be everywhere.I hope this IS a good omen

It sounds like there is a massive improvement in @GrannyPie that fantastic news @super_ram hope your keeping ok.

1 minute ago, Chris said:

It’s a great idea but the effort to attract and avoid it being stale seems a task. I think @Fan of Big Tone does a great job.

So do I.

Regarding daily posts I'm surprised there aren't more posts relating amusing incidents at work/school/shopping etc.

Archived