Match Discussion: Game 13 - Latics (H)

PON_News

Game 13 - Latics (H)

Team: Oldham Athletic

Date: 06/11/18

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Harry Kewell opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

It’s home game so let’s hope we have  the home advantage. 

Its a must win we are still only 2 points clear of the drop zone we need to come out fighting not let Oldham settle. 

Score the first goal and hopefully the second which would hopefully give us confidence which we need. 

Every game is a must win at the moment. Its not even like we can discuss who we think will play better out of the two. Just need to get out of this mess. I couldn't care a less about the style of football we play at the moment as long as the ball goes in the back of the net. 

We need to scrap this silly idea of a 4-2-3-1. We havent got time to adapt a new idea, philosophy as Hemmings isn't a CAM and neither is Boldewjin and neither can Dennis or Stead play up top on their own.

We need to do what we know best and I don't think the players have a clue sometimes

I think Oldham will win this one 3-1. Putting the nail in the coffin to any sort of play off hopes we were clinging on to. 

Pretty big game with the poor form as of late, it's one I can't see how the current performance could possibly improve from even if we are playing at home. It's just one of those matches I think some fans will feel Oldham are for the taking and then are lead to believe it will be easy.

Notts will probably only make it harder on themselves.

Supporter+

Yep another must win, we need to scrap and play ugly if necessary just get a win.

2 teams in poor form and it will come down to which team can hold it together at the back longer than the other.

Only change I would make is Stead (if fit) or Etete for Dennis who looks terribly out of form.

Notts haven't been terrible in all areas, the front 4 have got goals in them, midfield 2 work hard but switch off. Our biggest weakness is the FB areas, as they are unable to cut out a cross

Can't be arsed to be honest.. Season card will be stopping in my wallet tonight.. After 43 years supporting Notts this lot have finally done me.. I'll be having a pint and a game of skittles with just half an eye on the footy results.. Hope they win but can see a draw at best.. Al fed up pie... 

To be honest my motivation levels are pretty low too. The thought of another wasted season isn't exactly motivating. Only five of tonight's starting line-up were at the club last season, and only three of those were regulars. I can't help but think that the baby has been thrown out with the bathwater.

Anyway, it is what it is. We need a win to get things rolling again, so why not tonight? It doesn't have to be pretty, just show us some grit and determination.

0-0 FT.

Another point but the performance sounded as dreadful as the one at the weekend if not worse, be interesting to hear what everyone thinks!

The most poignant bit of the commentary was when Charlie said "Notts are at home clinging onto a point against a team that has only lost 4 of their last 5 matches". Last season's achievements seem a very distant memory.

Oh and Duffy on for Dennis after we spent the whole game hoofing it over his head... Wasn't Harry Kewell supposed to be our attacking free-flowing football saviour!

Where do we go from here?