Pavement parking opinions

Pavement parking is getting worse nowadays as theres more cars around. Repeated parking over crossings is seriously annoying and dangerous. I think the ban some councils bought in should be considered by all.

Today i had to take my girls past this on a main road on the way to school as it was over a crossing.

20181106_091005.jpg

20181106_091019.jpg

Supporter+

People who park on pavements are just plain selfish, especially if they don't allow room for pedestrians, they are very strict on pavement parking in and around the London conurbation, we went to see our son run in the London marathon and stayed in a house in a very quiet residential street outside London, we parked with two nearside wheels of the car about six inches on the pavement, there was plenty of room for pedestrians to get past but we got a ticket and a £60 fine., personally I think that was a bit OTT but I do think cars, vans and lorries that block pavements should be fined.

As for parking on crossings with zigzags that's illegal everywhere isn't it? Mind you when we go to France we are amazed that cars park right on a zebra crossing and it's not illegal at all. :huh2:

I don't have an issue with people parking on pavements as long as they are still leaving enough room for pedestrians and buggy/wheelchair users. The issue I have with the van is the fact that it is causing an obstruction by parking across a dropped curb crossing and also he would not be blocking any driveways if he moved forwards, or back a few yards, . There should be a universal law for everybody, councils shouldn't be allowed to make up their own rules (ha ha) concerning pavement parking.

27 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

Pavement parking is getting worse nowadays as theres more cars around. Repeated parking over crossings is seriously annoying and dangerous. I think the ban some councils bought in should be considered by all.

Today i had to take my girls past this on a main road on the way to school as it was over a crossing.

Yeah if enough space is left and the car isnt far on the pavement its not a big issue.

Even though some are illegal, unfortunetly because the council or police do nothing about it, drivers get away with it

They shouldn’t park on the pavement it’s that simple .. just my opinion but it blocks the way for people push chairs come in all shapes and sizes and people who need walking aids or people who need room to walk because of one thing and another .. company cars and vans should set a example . Again just my opinion 

Supporter+

I couldn't see the pictures at first @cheeky~k8 now I see what you mean, a friend of ours has to walk to school with a double buggy and when she comes across something like this she takes photographs and sends in an email to the company concerned with a complaint.

9 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I couldn't see the pictures at first @cheeky~k8 now I see what you mean, a friend of ours has to walk to school with a double buggy and when she comes across something like this she takes photographs and sends in an email to the company concerned with a complaint.

I have contacted the company on social media and they have replied and apoligised. They have agreed that this shouldn't happen and have contacted the fleet team to get in touch with the driver so it doesnt happen again by them. So i have done similar to your friend.

I could only just get past with my girls so you wouldn't even get a single buggy past that, no chance for a wheelchair or double buggy.

Supporter+
6 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

I have contacted the company on social media and they have replied and apoligised. They have agreed that this shouldn't happen and have contacted the fleet team to get in touch with the driver so it doesnt happen again by them. So i have done similar to your friend.

I could only just get past with my girls so you wouldn't even get a single buggy past that, no chance for a wheelchair or double buggy.

Well done, people need to speak out about this sort of thing, I'm glad the company responded and hopefully the driver will think twice in future. 

39 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

Well done for following it through. Many people mutter and moan then don't actually do anything about it.

Parking like that isn't acceptable and with my wife being a childminder who occasionally uses a triple pushchair and having a son who needs to use his wheelchair, this sort of parking really gets me cross!

2 hours ago, hissingdwarf said:

Well done for following it through. Many people mutter and moan then don't actually do anything about it.

I do it all the time, it's inconsiderate and annoying. When I was on crutches I found this type of thing very common, the council and police don't do anything and only if it's a company does something seem to happen.

Kate's normally very reserved, so I'm pleased she dealt with it.

Nobody should park on the pavement, there's often no need and usually it's done by ignorant people.

3 hours ago, hissingdwarf said:

Parking like that isn't acceptable and with my wife being a childminder who occasionally uses a triple pushchair and having a son who needs to use his wheelchair, this sort of parking really gets me cross!

I usually don't need to deal with it because chris does, I deal with everything else :)

On this occasion with it being a company its easier to deal with through the company.

Archived