Daily chat thread - Wednesday 7th October

Supporter+

Good morning, although it’s not actually very good weather wise, it’s raining out there but it’s pretty mild.

i wanted to go for a run this morning but I don’t “do” rain so that’s not going to happen. Mrs Big Tone is going for a coffee morning with her mates so I’m home alone this morning, I’ll do a bit of housework and I’ve got some computer work to do so that’ll keep me busy.

Its home made mousakka for tea, it’s ages since we’ve had that so I’m looking forward to it.

I noticed in yesterday’s daily thread we had two people reading it who don’t normally read it but they didn’t contribute so please if you read this why not join in and tell us about your day or what’s on your mind.

I hope everyone has a good day and try to stay cheerful in spite of last nights result after all to only football.

Busy day today for me. Meeting day. I have 4 to cover today. One city centre, one Hucknall and two in Ashfield. I’ll be going backwards and forwards all day. A day off campaigning will do me good though as, to be honest, I’m knackered from getting back into the swing of being out leafleting and canvassing every day! If nothing else the step counter has gone crazy over the past week!

Supporter+
2 hours ago, hissingdwarf said:

Busy day today for me. Meeting day. I have 4 to cover today. One city centre, one Hucknall and two in Ashfield. I’ll be going backwards and forwards all day. A day off campaigning will do me good though as, to be honest, I’m knackered from getting back into the swing of being out leafleting and canvassing every day! If nothing else the step counter has gone crazy over the past week!

Well you may or may not get elected but at least you'll be as fit as a flee. :waving:

Supporter+
5 minutes ago, samwatto2008 said:

Been to work and the usual on a Wednesday. Grandmas for tea :) Can't beat it

What's she cooking you @samwatto2008? Grandmas are normally good cooks, they've had lots of practice.

Supporter+
1 minute ago, samwatto2008 said:

Don't know she only cooks vege stuff as she's a vegetarian. But I am sure it will be nice :)

Vegetarian meals can be really nice, Mrs Big Tone does a lovely veggie curry, I sometimes choose a vegetarian option when at a restaurant although I'm a carnivore.

Went with @Magic magpie's mum again to visit @GrannyPie.She was quite chirpy again  but her face dropped a bit when I asked her about physio.She told us they had tried to get her standing directly from her bed but had failed.I asked her why hadn't they continued from yesterday when they almost got her standing without aid.Anyway a physio appeared suddenly and said they thought that because granny's bed is quite high it would give her the advantage of being almost standing .I sort of see the logic  of this as this cuts out the need for lifting gear into a chair.My argument ,and granny's ,was why not continue as yesterday as she is very comfortable this way,then get her marching to build up strength.The physio said they wanted to try different ways of getting her upright.He went on to say it would take a long time to get her to a marching position and we could get her home if we have lifting gear (here we go again) at home.Both myself and granny argued that all that she needed was to be able to stand unaided on a rotunda for 10 seconds which is plenty of time to turn her and reposition her,in which case there's no need for lifting gear or home helps,which is something else they keep going on about..Physio could then be continued at home on a regular basis. .The physio again suggested she go somewhere for more sustained physio and again we pointed out what happened 2 years ago with the stop start rehab.So once again they are putting up obstacles which we can overcome just so they get their way.I told the physio this to his face and all he said was "well we'll have to see where we go from here"I said "well a good thing would be for your lot to listen and not just completely ignore us or change the subject whenever you're losing the debate" To be continued.

Ive been volunteering at my girls school all morning and then came home and back out again to fetch food shopping. We also went to see grannypie after school with our kids. She is looking pretty much back to normal now, which is great.

I've been tired since getting home, my mum's looking herself and really bubbly. She's talking a lot about wanting to walk but I think her muscles have gone. I swear she's got exactly what have wrong in terms of her disability.

It was nice to spend time with her.

10 minutes ago, Chris said:

I've been tired since getting home, my mum's looking herself and really bubbly. She's talking a lot about wanting to walk but I think her muscles have gone. I swear she's got exactly what have wrong in terms of her disability.

It was nice to spend time with her.

The physio said she was strugging with her upper body strength as well as her legs.Granny promptly grabbed hold of the bed rails and pulled herself up the bed slightly,something she's been unable to do.I also told the guy that this time last week was the first time she'd stayed awake my entire visit and after nearly 4 weeks in bed with hardly any excercise what was he expecting  granny to be doing?

Just now, super_ram said:

The physio said she was strugging with her upper body strength as well as her legs.Granny promptly grabbed hold of the bed rails and pulled herself up the bed slightly,something she's been unable to do.I also told the guy that this time last week was the first time she'd stayed awake my entire visit and after nearly 4 weeks in bed with hardly any excercise what was he expecting  granny to be doing?

Mum said that they're pushing her too much but she wants to try, they tend to want quick results but they need to realise she's not walked well for years.

I hope I see them during one visit, as I want to point this out.

Supporter+

I guess it’s all about needing the beds these days and that’s why they are rushing but it won’t do grannypie any good if she goes home before she’s ready because if she has a fall (god forbid) she’ll be back in again.

1 hour ago, super_ram said:

Went with @Magic magpie's mum again to visit @GrannyPie.She was quite chirpy again  but her face dropped a bit when I asked her about physio.She told us they had tried to get her standing directly from her bed but had failed.I asked her why hadn't they continued from yesterday when they almost got her standing without aid.Anyway a physio appeared suddenly and said they thought that because granny's bed is quite high it would give her the advantage of being almost standing .I sort of see the logic  of this as this cuts out the need for lifting gear into a chair.My argument ,and granny's ,was why not continue as yesterday as she is very comfortable this way,then get her marching to build up strength.The physio said they wanted to try different ways of getting her upright.He went on to say it would take a long time to get her to a marching position and we could get her home if we have lifting gear (here we go again) at home.Both myself and granny argued that all that she needed was to be able to stand unaided on a rotunda for 10 seconds which is plenty of time to turn her and reposition her,in which case there's no need for lifting gear or home helps,which is something else they keep going on about..Physio could then be continued at home on a regular basis. .The physio again suggested she go somewhere for more sustained physio and again we pointed out what happened 2 years ago with the stop start rehab.So once again they are putting up obstacles which we can overcome just so they get their way.I told the physio this to his face and all he said was "well we'll have to see where we go from here"I said "well a good thing would be for your lot to listen and not just completely ignore us or change the subject whenever you're losing the debate" To be continued.

Mum said it was nice to see @GrannyPie and she looked a lot  better than before. Hopefully things will get better and the psyio will start in a way where it helps   @super_ram and they listen. 

26 minutes ago, Chris said:

Mum said that they're pushing her too much but she wants to try, they tend to want quick results but they need to realise she's not walked well for years.

I hope I see them during one visit, as I want to point this out.

I pointed out granny's inability to walk well and told them as long as she can stand safely long enough to be repositioned that would be enough and any  physio could then be continued at home on a regular daily basis by me if necessary.

21 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I guess it’s all about needing the beds these days and that’s why they are rushing but it won’t do grannypie any good if she goes home before she’s ready because if she has a fall (god forbid) she’ll be back in again.

Falling is the last thing granny needs @Fan of Big Tone but they seem to think on the one hand she should be doing better, though she's had next to no physio  but on the other hand she wont improve much till she gets more physio,hence me pushing to get her home once she can stand safely.

Archived