Daily chat topic - Monday 12th November

Chris

Good morning PON members.

How are we all today?

I haven't checked for any news, so I am unaware of anything new that may have happened. Feel free to mention anything that may generate replies though, as a way to balance what people are doing or have done.

I realise a day might change and some might decide to leave until later when the days final to post.

Today I have a very important meeting, I'm hoping it will help me tackle some of the discrimination I face over my disability. I really could do with some useful advice heading into next month.

As I know I will win back what I am entitled too.

After I'm not sure what my plans on.

What about you?

i just got home from work, i started early and had a very busy day. we are preparing to handle and store the christmas rush items which can mean a lot of organising. my new role does not mean i have to do much of the actual manual work but its still demanding.

just after 5pm i will be eating burger and chips, the burgers are lovely and are purchased from a nearby butchers.

as i have said in the past, my mum and i try to buy local produce so that the bigger supermarkets dont swallow up the nearby trade. the butchers is one of the oldest now in nottingham. its a decent place if anyone in clifton would prefer fresher meat, i would happily recommend it.

what is everyone else up to?

I am hiking a lot as of late.

Just reasonable walks to keep me active and out, the cold weather does not put me off and I find this time of year to relaxing. I come on here also to get a release but I am sorry to say this it seems negative at times.

45 minutes ago, liampie said:

just after 5pm i will be eating burger and chips, the burgers are lovely and are purchased from a nearby butchers.

as i have said in the past, my mum and i try to buy local produce so that the bigger supermarkets dont swallow up the nearby trade. the butchers is one of the oldest now in nottingham. its a decent place if anyone in clifton would prefer fresher meat, i would happily recommend it.

Big respect to that. Love supporting local trade and ignoring the very low prices of supermarkets. I would rather go to the butcher for meat etc and pay a little extra and know where it's come from etc than buy from a supermarket and buy it as I just feel uneasy buying it from there. Eggs are a big one. Luckily I don't eat eggs because I don't like them, this may sound hypocritical but I don't agree with battery hens and the way they're pumped and force fed etc. Makes me sick but I still eat meat so does that make me hypocritical I don't know?

Especially coming up to Christmas I think it's important to buy the best meat from the butchers and produce from local traders and we have to remember supermarkets will never run out of money but local traders might and they have families to feed. 

• Chris unfeatured this topic

Archived