Match Discussion: Game 18 - The Robins (H)

PON_News

Game 18 - The Robins (H)

Team: Cheltenham Town

Date: 17/11/18

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Harry Kewell opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Hopefully a new manager is assigned and recruited by this game although I don't think they will get involved with the team to avoid distraction from the game. However the philosophy won't change. I finally think we will see the Dennis and Hemmings and the fast wingers of Thomas and Boldewjin firing balls into the box, I think the midifeld will consist of Vaughan and Milsom with the usual defence.

We will see what happens come Saturday but I am really looking forward to a new style of play and a manager that knows how to exploit weaknesses in teams and gives this a real good go. There is no one linked tot eh job that I wouldn't take ... Yes that includes Nolan (I was never for Nolans sacking) 

Who took charge against Doncaster Rovers tonight? Paul Hart??

I wouldn't rush to make an appointment, especially leading up to a game - they tend to sit them out anyway. I would like to see whoever took charge in the EFL Cup game and see if they can spark some revival. It's important Notts gets on with the task, it's a game I could see us winning but at the moment I am a little unsure.

• Like 1

I am curious as to why Steve Chettle is taking charge and not Paul Hart, where is Paul these days?

If Chettle can get Notts playing well enough to win I don't mind him taking temporary charge but if he does well enough, I would worry he would land the job and then people might end up wanting him out due to his inexperience.

• Chris featured this topic

As the game builds I hope fans in attendance will be mindful and supportive, if the players don't perform well - it's something that must be accepted. The clubs without a manager and no blame should fall on Steve Chettle.

I just don't want to go and regret doing so because morons decide to be abusive or negative.

It's been thankfully unlike this but sometimes some are quick near to where I sit to forget about certain things, the game won't be easy but we could do well. Forget about the previous scores, results and our league position. Go out and stick to a game plan and try to impress.

Terrible match and even worse result. How the players go from winning in the cup to this is beyond belief. A manager needs sorting asap and make it a compitent one. Paul hart should actually know the players by now but doesnt make it his fault because they have been very hit and miss for months.

It was a very familiar Paul Hart managerial performance. As a technical coach with the younger players, he has a successful track record. When he’s involved in tactics etc...Oh dear. To be fair though, today wasn’t the manager (even though the question needs asking, what the bloody hell have they been doing all week to look so disorganised and either unfit or just lazy?) but the formation didn’t help. Players should shoulder most of the blame there.

I can't watch another awful home performance, I don't care if Steve Chettle has been forced into the role. He needs to get them trying and playing their hardest, if we fail to click I think the issue could be a timely one to fix in the long run.

Surely they should be trying their hardest without needing the manager to force them to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One striker? Enzio Boldewijn floating around? It's never going to work. Enzio I'd clearly a winger and he did okay but he needs to be disciplined. Roaming doesn't suit him at all.

The midfield wasn't very good, defensive Notts was deep and the engine never got going.

First goal stung Notts, second goal finished us off. The players was never going to respond, let's not blame them and can we focus on supporting the next manager.

The players didn’t respond from minute one. So disorganised and disinterested. Absolute shambles.

Rubbish from first to last minute. I agree with all the booing, and its not often I'll say that. The fans had every right to show this displeasure. And the clapping at times was funny as it was aimed at the Cheltenham players ironically!

Not our greatest game .. we played well untill they scored the first goal then after that we seemed to loose heart and our way .. the ref didn’t help with his whistle and decisions but nothing that would impact the game. The injuries to Thomas and jones Another set back in the team just not our day unfortunately.

Spineless and gutless. Need we say any more?

No creativity in the midfield and definitely no defensive qualities either. They are a complete shambles and if nothing is done to organise this rabble soon it will be “Welcome to the newest National league club in the world”.

Three faults from the performance and Cheltenham game for me.

1. One striker
  2. No actual leader on the pitch
  3. A verbal but nonsense Richard Duffy returning and being made captain

What was Chettle thinking? Half time he should have made the required changes because it was obvious the second half would only get more difficult. I felt more annoyed at the squad selection than anything else. It was never going to win!

• Chris unfeatured this topic