Worst game in many years???

Feral Fox

Just got back from what I would class as the worst performance I’ve seen in many years. Had relegation written all over the team.

No one gets any credit from the day. Possibly Turley who at least had the bottle to put a few tackles in, Enzio with his occasional spark and Fitz for doing what he is paid to do.

The rest looked like lost little boys. Their number six ran the match. He was into everything and bossed it. Stupid formation which failed miserably  and the players really didn’t care.

Duffy and Jones with their usual inability to defend was embarrassing. 

Ashamed to be a Notts fan after that, and I’ve sat through Colin Murphy, Steve Thompson etc...

#NoideasNoclue.

Disgusting. Plus there is no way there was over six thousand there today! Hardy doing a little Pavis fiddle with the numbers is he? I’d have said four and a half on a good day!!!

26 minutes ago, hissingdwarf said:

Just got back from what I would class as the worst performance I’ve seen in many years. Had relegation written all over the team.

No one gets any credit from the day. Possibly Turley who at least had the bottle to put a few tackles in, Enzio with his occasional spark and Fitz for doing what he is paid to do.

The rest looked like lost little boys. Their number six ran the match. He was into everything and bossed it. Stupid formation which failed miserably  and the players really didn’t care.

Duffy and Jones with their usual inability to defend was embarrassing. 

Ashamed to be a Notts fan after that, and I’ve sat through Colin Murphy, Steve Thompson etc...

#NoideasNoclue.

Disgusting. Plus there is no way there was over six thousand there today! Hardy doing a little Pavis fiddle with the numbers is he? I’d have said four and a half on a good day!!!

It'll be ticket sales, so will include season ticket holders who didn't turn up (sensible of them...)

7 minutes ago, ivansneck said:

It'll be ticket sales, so will include season ticket holders who didn't turn up (sensible of them...)

Didn’t even know they could do that! I thought it was based on people through the actual gates.

Quite frankly though, people should be demanding a refund after that pile of shite!

28 minutes ago, super_pie said:

Notts played terrible

Duffy as captain again!      He doesn't even know how to be a captain. 

No wonder they didnt do well, hes a terrible captain as he has no idea how to do the job or play well himself tbh

It wasn't near the worst I've seen, we played okay in the first half but we had no venom. Kristian Dennis played his heart out but one striker, Enzio Boldewijn stuck in the clouds - it was never going to work.

Chettle isn't the man to lead us temporarily, allow Paul Hart.

Once we conceded we was never going to get back in the game but the confidence was shot. This is a big issue but as a supporter, I'll try to encourage the squad because today was grim.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

It wasn't near the worst I've seen, we played okay in the first half but we had no venom. Kristian Dennis played his heart out but one striker, Enzio Boldewijn stuck in the clouds - it was never going to work.

Chettle isn't the man to lead us temporarily, allow Paul Hart.

Once we conceded we was never going to get back in the game but the confidence was shot. This is a big issue but as a supporter, I'll try to encourage the squad because today was grim.

I agree Chris not the worst. I actually disagree with a few peoples comments. I thought Dan Jones had an ok game. How on earth Duffy and Brisely got us to the play offs I have no clue. Duffy doesn't get on well with Turley, they argued and blamed each other all game. Thought Boldewjin had his worst game and at the moment isn't providing when we need him. He is too greedy and offers little support for other players on the attack. Grant was a game changer, could come on and bag a couple of goals. Boldewjin is not a game changer. 

Disagree with the Paul Hart comment though Chris. Paul Hart was brought in to do a job as a DoF not be a manager. If he became manager temporary or permanent, you can have my season ticket back. As it would prove just how much of a merry go round we are. 

Duffy, Brisley & Jones back in defence, another shambolic display of defending but an even more shambolic attempt at setting up a team. Yes the players will take the flack but the system and the team was picked by the 3 man “management” team of Hart, Chettle & Crossley. 

Yes we are in a Terible situation but I refuse to give up on this wonderful club.

6 minutes ago, hissingdwarf said:

Looks like I’m not the only one to think it was pure rubbish!

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/damning-ratings-show-just-how-2231601

Respectfully, I just see a pinch of salt @hissingdwarf. I can't help but feel there's been a lot of knee jerk reactions. It could have been different but one striker never works for us.

It has to be among the worst I've seen. Bullied and outplayed by a very poor side.

As someone else said, Fitzsimons did what he was paid for and was left badly exposed for the goals. The rest failed miserably. I feel most sorry for Dennis, he doesn't stand a chance in this side.

Every time we get caned this season I hope it's the nadir but it just keeps getting worse. The next manager somehow has to form a team out of this (does anyone even know what our best eleven would be?) and that will take time. We need a miracle worker as we looked like relegation certainties today.

36 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

It has to be among the worst I've seen. Bullied and outplayed by a very poor side.

That's the most worrying thing - Cheltenham looked a very limited team but they were still a class above us.  A complete and utter shambles from start to finish, the players should hang their heads in shame after that.  We are in very deep trouble.

it sounded terrible, i think notts are in danger and hardy needs to focus now on the business side of things.

this could all get worse and notts had a boost from exiting the relegation zone and stupid things have led us back into this fight. its time to change but i fear the next manager might be someone on the cheap.

On 17/11/2018 at 23:21, hissingdwarf said:

Nothing knee jerk about it. We were a complete shambles. Pub teams play with more commitment than that.

Comes across like it even to me.

Notts was bad, I couldn't comment at the time but it was nowhere near Jamie Fullerton or Ricardo Moniz.

Archived