Match Discussion: EFL Trophy - The Black Cats (A)

PON_News

EFL Trophy - The Black Cats (A)

Team: Sunderland

Date: 04/12/18

Where: Stadium of Light

What line-up should Harry Kewell opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Honestly, I hope Neal Ardley plays some of the outsiders for this game.

If he has an idea that 4-5 players are in starting line-up, use the remaining spaces to formulate an idea on who might take the chance to shine. I don't really care about the result but it would give something positive for the Mansfield game if we worked out which players are ready and prepared to fight.

I think Neal needs to use this as almost a friendly putting his tactics and formation in to practise. Because we have mansfield next Saturday in his first league game and sunderland are a league above us so it will be not only a good test but gives Neal a chance to see his squad in action. I think Neal May want to win this but I think it for him to be more about the squad.

Edited by super_ram

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/9342009.stm

I remember listening to this game on the radio with @GrannyPie.A repeat of the scoreline isn't impossible

I was going to attend this game as I would love to attend the Stadium of Light but It's just too far for a Tuesday night game. I hope like @Chris said Ardley plays some outsiders as Mansfield is a much more important game. It would be a good chance for Ardley to see the quality and attributes of some of his fringe players so he can see if they would fit the bill in the first team. However I do feel as though Hardy might now want to target this competition due to a lack of finance. If we could progress then it would mean some extra revenue for Hardy to spend in January if needed.

51 minutes ago, allardyces tash said:

Why on earth has Richard Duffy started?

It looks like a strong squad and I would imagine it's close to Ardley's starting lineup against Mansfield. Disappointed!!

I was thinking it my self I had visions of his bad games this season and thought why? Unless it’s to see if he the right man for notts a last chance may be.

Some Sunderland reserve side that was…

GK – Ruiter – 31 – Played top flight Dutch football.
DF – Ozturk – 26 – Former Hearts player.
DF – Looven – 35 – Played for Celtic, Zaragoza and Sheff Wed.
DF – Oviedo – 28 – Former Everton player, 46 caps for Costa Rica.
MF – McGeouch – 25 – Former Hibs player, recent caps for Scotland.
MF – O’Nien – 24 – Part of the Wycombe team that got promoted.
MF – Power – 25 – On loan from Wigan, played Championship football.
FW – Watmore – 24 – Played in the Prem.
FW – Sinclair – 22 – On loan from Watford who paid £4Mil to get him from L’Pool.

Sounded like DJ handed them that 2-0 though. Ross made some good saves and Notts had some chances from all accounts. Like many have said it'll have given Ardley a chance to look at the team before the big game at the weekend. GULP.