What’s your thoughts on the checkatrade trophy. ?

Magic magpie

Good way to raise money for clubs as a bit of extra revenue. Other than that it's a joke of a competition. Get rid of U21 squads and it can become somewhat credible again.

Maybe instead of U21 teams bring the National League into the competition somehow. Be a good chance for them to fair up against higher opposition.

So much wrong with the competition. 

It's awful.

The competition needs new life and the Premier League B teams removing, there's enough fans who vote with their feet to showcase that this will never be accepted. It should invite Non-League teams instead, it would make it more exciting for me and it's all about a lower league team visiting Wembley but it's lost its way.

I think it's a waste of time but I would welcome re-form.

I would like the B teams removed and for the FL to find better paying sponsors, there are enough clubs with enough fans to make the praise money more attractive without requiring handouts from the Prem clubs.

8 minutes ago, KingTurley said:

Wasteful...

The thing that annoys me is the fact that Premier League B teams can field any player pretty much, yet Notts has to start with many of the first team players and this can lead to injuries or fatigue which is not needed.

Sort of what i was thinking, it will tire the players out much faster with everything else.

Bin it for good as no teams make any money from it unless they go deep into the competition. Other than the time Phil Stant was robbed of his goal have Notts ever got to an area final for it? It has just turned into a reserve team competition in all but name really.

This for me it’s a bit of a mix bag on the one hand we are able to earn a bit of extra money. But on the other hand it can take focus off the league if the team is in the relegation or playoff even promotion pic it can be a destruction . But there’s that incentive of Wembley for the last two teams and there fans. But then it’s a midweek that teams don’t need. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived