Match Discussion: Game 21 - Stags (A)

PON_News

If Notts can re-group and remain focused at the back a goal may come.

I still feel the match will end 2-1 and I'm hoping Notts can grab a goal in order to push Mansfield. I think the game probably favours Mansfield now but if I was Neal Ardley I would bombard the Stags defence. Let's get a goal and try to take the game with some form of fight.

I wished I had the faith that Notts could pull level, I think it would take something special to score.

Mansfield have 5 in midfield and 3 at the back.

This should leave plenty of space open but its them who are controlling the game now. The goal has given them the way to get on the front foot.

1 minute ago, Wilfordpie said:

I wished I had the faith that Notts could pull level, I think it would take something special to score.

Mansfield have 5 in midfield and 3 at the back.

This should leave plenty of space open but its them who are controlling the game now. The goal has given them the way to get on the front foot.

Keep the faith buddy you never know there’s still time left.#coyp

Game over! 2-0 Mansfield.

The second half sounds poor, the fight seems gone and I feel for the fans who have managed to attend. It could get painful but the fact Mansfield are singing that we are going down. What a joke of a club. Notts will be fine but I will take snippets of the game both video and audio and ensure the players can see how pain.

This a shame.

The second half didn't take place from our point of view. At no point was the result in any doubt, at no point did we have them under any pressure at all. We were constantly two steps behind them, and the full backs in particular really struggled. Neal Ardley has one hell of a job on his hands to turn that into a functioning unit.

Maybe this is just post-derby mardiness, but am I the only one who really didn't like seeing Neal Bishop hopping on the pile of celebrating Mansfield players after their second? If he was a former loanee then fair enough, but the bloke played more than 150 matches for us...

3 hours ago, ARLukomski said:

Nathan Thomas isn't fit to lace Alex Rodman's boots

Nathan Thomas switches off.

He's been only average and he doesn't have the work rate needed, Neal Ardley has a task to get him on the same page but at the same time he's unlikely to be dropped.

Notts looked the better side but quickly they dropped once the goal went in.

Instead of it being football it seemed like a job, where the players couldn't be bothered. I think they fear losing and that makes them one dimensional. It wasn't a very good game in truth but that sums Notts up this season.

• liampie unfeatured this topic
Guest gtownjohnno

Seen the 2nd goal several times now....... Did Fitz really dive out of the way of the shot???????......... As for the first goal iam sure Jones said to Hamilton...... "go on son slot it in the net"......... Neither are funny scenarios but that's how it looked to me........