Should the captain of England also be captain of his club.?

Magic magpie

No, just because you're a captain of your country does not make you entitled to captain your club. In comparison you've got players like Raheem Sterling playing with Alli, Dier, Lingard, Rashford etc playing for his country but then you've got De Bruyne, Sane, Kompany, Otamendi, David Silva playing for his club. I know Sterling isn't a captain but theres different quality of players and I think quality of player has a lot to do with it. 

It doesn't matter.

Tony Adams, John Terry and Alan Shearer are all players who lead club and country. Are they any different than Harry Kane? No. I believe he's got a lot of fire to win games, his emotion and passion has been a shinning light with the setup Gareth Southgate has got going. There's very few England players I feel could be a good captain, yet in Kane I think he does it exceptionally well.

Besides he does sometimes captain Spurs, and he has in the past.

He will in the future too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

It makes little difference if the right player is chosen, I don't think it should be given to the loudest mouth but the person who can inspire others to dig deep and give 100% regardless of what happens on the pitch. The right captain makes the difference between winning and losing, they can help to turn games around too.

Archived